Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: DDD restaurant review

Options
Went to the BCS NC game in Pasadena (sadly we lost...), and flew into Las Vegas - went to John Mull's Road Kill Grill in N. Las Vegas.  If you're in the area, you should go!  It was incredible.  I just got the brisket sandwich, which was about all I could eat.  They were generous with the meat, and the sides were great too.  The other stuff looked great too.  
Opelika, AL

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You had me at ddd.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    you LOST me at ddd.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

you LOST me at ddd.

I know. DDD seems like a bad review. AAA would have been a better grade.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    The show is a good concept, but I cannot STAND fieddie so I simply don't watch.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• MacKay52
    Options
    This just proves an argument I have made many times. BBQ cooking styles and tastes vary so much throughout the country that so much of it comes down to personal taste and preference. My wife and I also visited The Roadkill Grill this year. We really weren't impressed. Portions were huge and it wasn't bad, just we thought we've had better.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I really would like to know their cooking process (which I know is almost never available). The picture alone leads me to a couple of assumptions. It looks like they trim really well and wrap very early as there is next to no bark. When it's done cooking...the uniform cuts tell me they prolly run it through a meat slicer. I just don't know if they cut and place all the slices in au jus or if they slice to order.

I am going to look for the DDD episode now...very curious.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    He was the weird dude that boiled his ribs and it definitely looks like the brisket slices were sitting in au jus when they served it.

They didn't review the brisket cook. I remember thinking...man, this guy has some great butchering skills when I saw that episode.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I just watched a DDD episode. .. <:-P
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    henapple said:
    I just watched a DDD episode. .. <:-P
    Let us know when you're feeling better.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I like DDD. I see some inspiring cooks, want to eat at most of the places he hits
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of guy, but I do enjoy seeing the different processes people use in their food prep.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I love watching DDD.  Guy is somewhat of a character but it is still a fun show.  

It's funny, I don't think I have ever thought to look at places around me in Atlanta. I just found this site. 

You can put in your zip code and it will map locations around you.  I didn't realize the Marietta Diner was on there.  I have been to this place countless times but always ordered typical "waffle house" fare.  Now I want to go back for some greek food. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    I love watching DDD.  Guy is somewhat of a character but it is still a fun show.  

It's funny, I don't think I have ever thought to look at places around me in Atlanta. I just found this site. 

You can put in your zip code and it will map locations around you.  I didn't realize the Marietta Diner was on there.  I have been to this place countless times but always ordered typical "waffle house" fare.  Now I want to go back for some greek food. 

they need to put some warnings with those reviews, googled that and the closest to me was the owl diner run by the 4 sisters in lowell mass. only place ive seen uzis on the street :)) great diner though, get there early whiile the druggies are sleeping :)) that place is a war zone
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    I enjoy the show for seeing the food and where the places are. Guy not so much
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited January 2014
    Options
    DDD addict I can watch whenever its on and repeats suck me in as well.
    Say what u want about Guy , we all would love the gig.
    Know the episode, owner was a machine with the sharp knife.
    Seattle, WA