Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Beer Trading/Swapping

Options
2»

Comments

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    I'd be in.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    D_Train said:

I'd probably be in. For those who have done this sort of thing before what's the average cost to send a typical beer package (shipping only)?

I remember the original thread. The original poster mentioned New Glarus and since then I pick some up every time I'm over in Hudson. Those 'sconnies don't distribute it here in MN.

@D_Train

Or Everclear X(

I have to hit up Hudson a few times a year for Everclear since MN won't sell it
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    WeberWho? said:

D_Train said:

I'd probably be in. For those who have done this sort of thing before what's the average cost to send a typical beer package (shipping only)?

I remember the original thread. The original poster mentioned New Glarus and since then I pick some up every time I'm over in Hudson. Those 'sconnies don't distribute it here in MN.

@D_Train

Or Everclear X(

I got lucky and my dad was working in Indiana for awhile and I stocked up on the 190. I can get 151 in MI but its just not the same. It made my day when they started selling handles! I still have a few gallons of it!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I'd be in to ship a couple of bottles of Red Oak….very good beer….I'm not to worried about getting stood up account of the small price.  But I don't like IPA's or bitter beer. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    So, how do we organize this? Maybe group email off the forum, set pairings, and then email 1-on-1 to get preferences, addresses, etc?
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Elfster
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options

WeberWho? said:

D_Train said:

@D_Train

Or Everclear X(

I got lucky and my dad was working in Indiana for awhile and I stocked up on the 190. I can get 151 in MI but its just not the same. It made my day when they started selling handles! I still have a few gallons of it!
    @shadowcaster

That's nice you can get them in handles. We can get 151 here in MN but no 190. So we always grab a couple bottles of 190 when over in Wisconsin. They have Cheese, fireworks, and hard liquor.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    That sounds like a great combination!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I'm in. I shipped beer to the US for the Elfster rub and sauce exchange. I'm a certified beer judge (real thing). So anyway to try new beers and I'm all over it.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    What is elfster? I'm not familiar with it.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • Two_Down
    Options
    Elfster is a website that is used to randomize participants in a secret Santa type gift exchange.  I would be more than willing to use that.  Does anyone want to take lead on this?  I have never used Elfster so if someone has and wants to run the show, then by all means do so.  Otherwise I can take the reins.

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I'll back out to keep shipping simple. Been in Fla for 2 weeks so I've tried a bunch of new stuff already.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • CodyA88
    CodyA88 Posts: 143
    Options
    Bump...did anything ever come of this?  Would love to try and get this rolling...
    LBGE, 28" Blackstone
    Georgia
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    I think maybe a new thread!!?
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Two_Down
    Two_Down Posts: 74
    Options
    No nothing as far as I know. Would still be interested in doing it.

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS