Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - Beer Trading/Swapping

2»

Comments

• HicHic Posts: 350
    I'd be in.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 4,284
    D_Train said:

I'd probably be in. For those who have done this sort of thing before what's the average cost to send a typical beer package (shipping only)?

I remember the original thread. The original poster mentioned New Glarus and since then I pick some up every time I'm over in Hudson. Those 'sconnies don't distribute it here in MN.

@D_Train

Or Everclear X(

I have to hit up Hudson a few times a year for Everclear since MN won't sell it
  • WeberWho? said:

D_Train said:

I'd probably be in. For those who have done this sort of thing before what's the average cost to send a typical beer package (shipping only)?

I remember the original thread. The original poster mentioned New Glarus and since then I pick some up every time I'm over in Hudson. Those 'sconnies don't distribute it here in MN.

@D_Train

Or Everclear X(

I got lucky and my dad was working in Indiana for awhile and I stocked up on the 190. I can get 151 in MI but its just not the same. It made my day when they started selling handles! I still have a few gallons of it!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 139
    I'd be in to ship a couple of bottles of Red Oak….very good beer….I'm not to worried about getting stood up account of the small price.  But I don't like IPA's or bitter beer. 
  • MayberryMayberry Posts: 579
    So, how do we organize this? Maybe group email off the forum, set pairings, and then email 1-on-1 to get preferences, addresses, etc?
    Athens, GA
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,612
    Elfster
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 4,284

WeberWho? said:

D_Train said:

@D_Train

Or Everclear X(

I got lucky and my dad was working in Indiana for awhile and I stocked up on the 190. I can get 151 in MI but its just not the same. It made my day when they started selling handles! I still have a few gallons of it!
    @shadowcaster

That's nice you can get them in handles. We can get 151 here in MN but no 190. So we always grab a couple bottles of 190 when over in Wisconsin. They have Cheese, fireworks, and hard liquor.

• That sounds like a great combination!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
  • gmacgmac Posts: 1,268
    I'm in. I shipped beer to the US for the Elfster rub and sauce exchange. I'm a certified beer judge (real thing). So anyway to try new beers and I'm all over it.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • MayberryMayberry Posts: 579
    What is elfster? I'm not familiar with it.
    Athens, GA
  • Elfster is a website that is used to randomize participants in a secret Santa type gift exchange.  I would be more than willing to use that.  Does anyone want to take lead on this?  I have never used Elfster so if someone has and wants to run the show, then by all means do so.  Otherwise I can take the reins.

2014 2015 2016 Texas Aggies - Here's to hoping....

in Houston, TX

• gmacgmac Posts: 1,268
    I'll back out to keep shipping simple. Been in Fla for 2 weeks so I've tried a bunch of new stuff already.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.