Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE cover

Options
BGE newbie here. Received a large BGE w mates for Xmas. Looking at purchasing a good quality cover. The BGE brand looks kinda cheap. Any ideas or thoughts?? Thanks!
Smoke on!

Comments

• Azzardi
    Azzardi Posts: 56
    Options
    I have a BGE cover and I m happy with the quality. One tip; this morning i broke my top cap by pulling of my cover, keep that in mind for the future when u remove your cover from the egg!
    New to the Eggworld from Antwerpen - Belgium
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Where are you muduck? I have one I'll give you. PM me
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • surveyor
    surveyor Posts: 124
    Options
    the best I have found are custom made by Mel.  The web site is vinylcoveringsbymel.com I have had mine for over 10 years and they are still good. cost is no more than stock low quality covers. You will not be disappointed.
  • BBQmuduck
    Options
    SmokinDawg I'm in Minnesota. Temps here last week were -30 -40 windchill. Do you think the BGE brand cover can stand the cold w/o cracking?

Smoke on!
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    Since I built a custom size table ,I looked local to have one made. To bad for them . Neither guy got back to me . I came across The Cover Store online.  
    3 different grades of material.  I opted for the 7 year one.
    Only problem is where it lays flat ,moisture will get through or maybe just condensation. Will contact them about applying 303 protectant to waterproof it.Not to worried as even the Sunbrella on my boat has the same issues.

Egg On!

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI