Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First XXL Big Green Egg arrives at Outdoor Home - Springfield, MO

2»

Comments

• I hope whoever is using that thing doesn't forget to Burp it when opening the lid ... that could get very dangerous! :D
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,093
    I hope whoever is using that thing doesn't forget to Burp it when opening the lid ... that could get very dangerous! :D
    I hope no one falls in while using it. :))
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • warwomanwarwoman Posts: 228
    Saw one at the eggfest at Stone Mountain.. My wife told me not to even think about it! What a monster!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
    ·
  • Awesome! Nice move by BGE Co to personalize it for ya'll. Thanks for the pics.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,545
    I know how much lump it takes to fill my XL, can't imagine how much to fill that monster.  @stlcharcoal, I think you could make a case for owning one of the first.  You ought to get a contact list of everyone who buys one!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,695
    Can't really come up with an adequate descriptive........................overwhleming!
    :x
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Wow, huge! Great pictures
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Thanks for the Pictures Aaron ! That is a Monster !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • swagger you know it huge when you can fit a full grown woman inside it !!!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Totally Awsome.  Maybe they'd do us a group buy.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • is WOW adequate? Holy cow!
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,498
    That's awesome!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 281
    I would love to have that on my back deck this summer. However, something tells me it wouldn't be my back deck for long if I spent the money for that.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,892
    GaryLange said:
    I would love to have that on my back deck this summer. However, something tells me it wouldn't be my back deck for long if I spent the money for that.
    Something tells me my back deck might end up on the ground with that monster. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • insanehinsaneh Posts: 96
    WANT
    :x
    Dead smack in the middle of NH
    ·
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    I'm going to be in Springfield Feb 17 through to 22. Where is your store? I'd like to see the xxl
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,462
    What size Mangrates does it require?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·

• rsmith193 said:
    I'm going to be in Springfield Feb 17 through to 22. Where is your store? I'd like to see the xxl
    Our retail store is at 3107 E Chestnut Expy, Springfield, MO 65802.  If it isn't at the retail store, it will be on display at our headquarters in the same area.  Stop on by, we'll take care of ya!
    ·
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    .swagger said:

rsmith193 said:

Our retail store is at 3107 E Chestnut Expy, Springfield, MO 65802.  If it isn't at the retail store, it will be on display at our headquarters in the same area.  Stop on by, we'll take care of ya!

That is very close. I'll be at, 233 S Patterson AveSpringfield MO 65802 for Store Manager training at OReillys. I'll definitely have to see it. I've been competing on eggs for the past three years. Always wanted one like that with my xl, 2large and small on a trailer I would call the egg carton.

·
  • Took a few more pictures for some perspective on dimensions.

I placed a quarter on the cooking grate...

From the Fire Grate to the Cooking Grate is about 11.5"

And here is the back set up with the nest handler....

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,892
    Wow...look at that grid!  It looks really thick.  If that is stainless, I would imagine the grid alone is $$$. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • That thing is just huge!  I don't think I have enough room to fit it on the patio, but then again I can always make more room!
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,353
    edited January 2014
    aswagger said:

From the Fire Grate to the Cooking Grate is about 11.5"

That's awesome.  That was my biggest complaint with the XL--it's way too short.  It's like they took a large and pulled it apart in the middle.  It should be taller than a Large.  The fire box is only 6" deep and you get hot spots.  Then, there's not enough room for a drip pan on the newer plate setter (and if you go with the old plate setter, then you can't close the lid over multiple turkeys, butts, etc.)

It looks like they fixed all that in the 2XL......looks great, can't wait to see it up close.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,595
    Hey Jonathan. ..New delivery system.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,353
    henapple said:
    Hey Jonathan. ..New delivery system.
    Done & ordered.......Getting it wrapped.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • aswagger said:
    Took a few more pictures for some perspective on dimensions.

And here is the back set up with the nest handler....

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but at almost 500lbs it seems to me that BGE is asking a lot from this standard nest+caster+handler design.

·
  • That thing is a monster. I saw it at the Eggtoberfest in Atlanta.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
    ·