Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stupid Amazing Smoker question

Will the 6x6 size fit in a Medium Egg? If not what size should I get for a medium egg?

Comments

• I don't know, but I found myself thinking the same thing yesterday.  I've hot smoked a lot, but with temperatures how they are it seems ideal to try a hand at the whole cold smoking bit.

Hopefully someone has some experience on a medium to share!
    Grand Rapids, MI
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Not a problem for the medium. Just set it on the firebox and away you go. I use mine in an old electric upright now but I used it in my medium under the plate setter - legs up and smoked salmon on the grate.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• I don't have a medium I have a LBGE and I took the fire box and fire ring out and put the A-Maze-N-Smoker in my egg with the bottom vent wide open and the top wide open and it burned all the way thru in the morning I had nothing but ash in it so I think if you remove all the guts from you medium you will be fine 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Should be fine. My buddy picked up the 5 x 8 amps and it fits in his medium no problem  
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW