Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Wow, what a damn game!!

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited January 2014 in Off Topic
Best National Championship I've seen since UT vs USC. Wow, great effort from both teams. Winston really bounced back from a shaky 1st half!
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Best football weekend in a while when there were only 6 games played between college and pro

I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yes it was!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Indeed. Great game and congrats, the best team won. I'm wondering how the playoff will be next year.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Agreed - great game. Not the outcome I wanted, but still a great effort by both teams.
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    SWMBO was so confused, I was cheering for both teams, both offence and defence - what a great game - must be that old Rose Bowl. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • DoofusOfTheDay
    Options
    Fabulous game!  
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Yep.  My mom graduated from FSU shortly after it went co-ed and had an infantile football program so I especially enjoyed the game.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    It was a gerat game, from what I saw. Now I wished I had tuned in for the whole thing. While I'm not really a big FSU fan, I was kind of rooting for them. Down with the SEC. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    All of our money went to FSU and we were very happy with the outcome. Just finished watching the second half again this morning. Just as good the second time. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options

It's crazy, but in real time I actually found myself thinking he shouldn't run that kickoff all the way to the end zone.  It will give Auburn too much time and I'm pretty sure they will score again... he should just run out of bounds around mid field so they can use the rest of the clock driving for the touchdown.

Then when Auburn scored it's last touchdown I thought "It's unfortunate for them that he broke that long touchdown run.  They've given FSU too much time".

I'm probably out of touch with reality because the only other bowl game I watched this holiday season was the Texas A&M vs Duke game where it was pretty much assumed you could score on every possession. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Foghorn said:

It's crazy, but in real time I actually found myself thinking he shouldn't run that kickoff all the way to the end zone.  It will give Auburn too much time and I'm pretty sure they will score again... he should just run out of bounds around mid field so they can use the rest of the clock driving for the touchdown.

Then when Auburn scored it's last touchdown I thought "It's unfortunate for them that he broke that long touchdown run.  They've given FSU too much time".

I'm probably out of touch with reality because the only other bowl game I watched this holiday season was the Texas A&M vs Duke game where it was pretty much assumed you could score on every possession. 

While I can definitely see and appreciate your logic...NO NO NO is all I kept saying when I read it.   :P

When trailing in a game, you never, never, never leave points on the table.  You just lower your odds to win with that strategy as you incorporate risk.  While these kids are some of the best at the collegiate level, these are still kids and they make mistakes.  You take the points and trust your defense.  Auburn was in a bad position after two tackles behind the line of scrimmage before a big play got them a first.  The defense almost came through, but you still have to let them do their job and assume they'll make plays and get you a stop.  

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    Great game! Was pulling for Auburn, but am not upset with the outcome cause I have friends who went to FSU. Don't worry about the poor old SEC losing a number of games.....They don't rebuild...they reload!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!