Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

AR vs Woo

What are the main differences between an AR and A Woo? Do any of you have both?

• I've been wandering the same thing what to buy. Both maybe.
    Easley SC Go! Tigers
  • LDRLDR Posts: 277
    I'v had the Woo for a while, but there isn't much of an opportunity for having mutiple levels of cooking. And that's why my AR will be here tomorrow.
  • dihtndihtn Posts: 189
    So do they basically do the same thing except the AR is more versatile?
  • I'd say if you want to do multi-grid cooks or want to cook high in the dome, the AR is a must have.
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    CGS has a page that should clear it up for you:
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,517
    Or just call and talk to Tom
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,747
    Woo and the $20 extender from the site here. More economical, but ar looks great.
    Seattle, WA
  • I like the Two Tier Adjustable Swing Rack from Ceramic Grill Works.  Very nicely made and versatile.
    Concord, CA
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,177
    Depending on what size Egg you have a large or the XL they are different.  I'd call Tom at the store and ask him what you would use just like @Mickey said. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • I talked to Tom yesterday and he said in a medium like I have that you really dont have the room to go higher,,,maybe an inch. He suggested  staying at the felt line on the Med. A inch higher your not going to make a difference.
    Guess it depends what size egg you have. For me,,I dont plan on multi-grid cooks anyway
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg