Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo for a Medium

Options
I have the AR with extended sliding grid for my large and love it, wish they made it for the medium. However, since they do not make the AR should I go with the Woo so I can expand my cooking options on my medium. If not, does someone else have ideas on grate extenders for the Medium? I like the idea of the Woo just want to make sure I see all of my choices before I pull the trigger. Thanks for your input!
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I have the Woo for my Medium and love it.  The only time it comes out of the egg is when I'm using my dutch oven.  Otherwise I use it for every cook. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    My Dad has a medium with a Woo. Loves it!
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    Thanks guys, thats what I was thinking!
    Pure Michigan
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    I bought a spare grid (15.5") from brinkman and did the bolts to get a second level and raised direct. The woo be a little nicer solution.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • laserdoc85
    Options
    At least you found a 15.5 grate. I know BGE does not make the 15.5 anymore and they are are to find. Saw it Amazon for 12 bucks.
    Thanks for the tip
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Have you looked at the Ceramic Grill Works Two-tier Swing Rack? I have one for my small egg and it made a HUGE difference in the options to cook in the little egg. I have one for my large as well and use both of them all the time. Here is my best post with them both in action: A tribute to my ELF, Henapple! I also have the woo for my small and still use it when I make pizza or do indirect cooks. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    @Solson005 I didn't even think of that. That might be the route I go although I might still get the Woo as well but I think I will get the swing rack first. Thanks for the idea!
    Pure Michigan
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Sure, happy to help! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.