Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CyberQ Infrastructure Problem

Options
13»

Comments

• GoodTimes
    Options
    @theshaytoon Followed them exactly.  They were just like what you said to do.  When I enter the ip address in for the Cyber Q and hit choose so that it will be added as a computer, it never adds it.  All joking aside, this is ridiculous that it has to be this hard.  
    "This is America Jack!" Cleo McDowell
  • TheShaytoon
    Options
    Well this has nothing to do with the CyberQ, at this point, it has to do with the router.  

BTW, you said you have 2 networks at the house...are you on the correct router?

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

• GoodTimes
    Options
    @theshaytoon It has been a long hard fought battle and you and I have prevailed!  I closed the page out to my router and then started it back up which did some kind of technological magic and allowed me to enter the IP address and then choose it.  After that, I was off to the races.  Now I just have to add my password.

You really need to let me do something to say thank you.  You took a great deal of your time to help me out.  Just name it.  Your a solid cat my man!
  • TheShaytoon
    Options
    HA!!!  You just needed to refresh the page!  CLASSIC!  I hate computers.

It was no big deal.  Enjoy the CyberQ. Let me know if you want me to tell you how to get a domain name to point to it...

Dallas, TX

• GoodTimes
    Options
    @theshaytoon I don't even know what a domain name is but it sounds awesome!  I'll definitely hit you up about it for sure.  If we get snow here tomorrow then they'll probably tell us not to come into the office so I'll work/play from the house.  Do you work in IT?  That was super hard for me to understand.
  • TheShaytoon
    Options
    I don't work in IT...but I do love me some technology...

A domain name is just a alphabetic word that represents a numeric ip address. For example eggheadforum.com is a domain name. Amazon. Com is a domain name, my domain name for the cyberQ is FS5959.com.

So instead of having a number to remember, you can just type a word in the address bar.

It's easy.. $10 a year though... But there is a bunch you can do with it.

Dallas, TX

• GoodTimes
    Options
    @theshaytoon gonna have to have that.  I was total loose buttonhole when I started, but now I'm ultra tight buttonhole (little Workaholics humor). 
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    This thread has my head spinning :-O
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • GoodTimes
    Options
    @RickyBobby What I did today is what I imagine NASA does when they launch a space shuttle.
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    ..... now I know that I made the right choice in going with the PitMaster IQ120!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • TheShaytoon
    Options
    Come on now, it was not that hard!

We had that thing all set up in a couple of minutes!  It was the wanting to be able to control it from another network site was what gave us the trouble!

Let me also add that they are working on new firmware, it will make the process much easier.  This product has only been out for a little over a year.  It takes time to make it "easy" for everyone.  

I had mine setup in less than 5 minutes from the time it came out of the box, and I spent 3 minutes figuring out that the Network Password was case sensitive.  One of the cooler features is that I now have it TXT me when there is an "alarm" instead of email.  

Let me know if yall need more help, I will do my best.

Dallas, TX

• setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    When are they updating the firmware I am debating between cyberq wifi and stoker? I do like the idea that one can power it way down for cold smoking.
  • TheShaytoon
    Options
    I don't know when they are releasing it, but if you follow the instructions, I don't think this was hard to setup.  

I really like the cyberQ...I really like their Customer Service...I looked at both and obviously went with the BBQGuru. 

Dallas, TX