Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

minus 16f outside, fired up the wok

Options
terryaki cheese steaks and tiki fogg cutters inside at 85 in front of the fire. 19 inches of snow dissapeared in the wind. no shoveling, how could it get better

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Troglodyte
    Troglodyte Posts: 104
    edited January 2014
    Options
    How do you "fire up" a wok.  Mine doesn't have any ignition capabilities.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Albuquerque, NM
    Large BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    +1 Sandwich looks great and the Fog Cutter is an ambitious choice for a Monday morning!
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    Heck of a breakfast there Fishless!
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I just drooled a bit on my keyboard. That steak sammich looks to die for.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    CincyTiki said:
    +1 Sandwich looks great and the Fog Cutter is an ambitious choice for a Monday morning!
    this was actually saterdays breakfast. need to pick up more brandy for tonights fogg cutter though, my next boat will be called the fogg cutter :D
    fukahwee maine

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    Fishless, give this a try, same ingredients, different ratios Scorpion from Steve Crane’s Luau, 1958 1oz lime juice 2oz orange juice 2oz gold Puerto Rican rum 2oz gin 1oz brandy 3/4oz simple syrup 1oz orgeat syrup 8oz crushed ice Donate everything to a blender. Spin up like the devil for 3 seconds. Pour, unstrained, into a wisely sized bowl. Drink by yourself or with friends.
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Looks tasty.  I've never made a Fog Cutter, but I typically follow the technique and proportions of Robert Hess (http://www.smallscreennetwork.com/video/125/cocktail_spirit_fog_cutter).  I can't find Orgeat syrup around here,so for recipes that call for it, I swap in Amaretto instead. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • fishlessman
    edited January 2014
    Options
    500 said:
    Looks tasty.  I've never made a Fog Cutter, but I typically follow the technique and proportions of Robert Hess (http://www.smallscreennetwork.com/video/125/cocktail_spirit_fog_cutter).  I can't find Orgeat syrup around here,so for recipes that call for it, I swap in Amaretto instead. 
    pretty much the same recipe im using except i change out the rum to 1 ounce gold and one ounce white and up the gin to 1 ounce so everything is 1 ounce, i dont need a memory for that :D for the orgeat im making a cup of simple syrup with 1 tsp almond extract but ive seen real homemade recipes for it, also lebanese markets carry it, ask for almond syrup. i also float an extra ounce brandy instead of sherry, i never have sherry on hand
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    CincyTiki said:
    Fishless, give this a try, same ingredients, different ratios Scorpion from Steve Crane’s Luau, 1958 1oz lime juice 2oz orange juice 2oz gold Puerto Rican rum 2oz gin 1oz brandy 3/4oz simple syrup 1oz orgeat syrup 8oz crushed ice Donate everything to a blender. Spin up like the devil for 3 seconds. Pour, unstrained, into a wisely sized bowl. Drink by yourself or with friends.
    will do, i like scorpion bowls, will have to dig out the blender, its been hidden for years
    fukahwee maine