Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More Ribs...

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
And it isn't even Friday. [p]Last evening Tim's rib cook sounded great so off to the store I went - came home with a nice rack of baby backs. Worked at home this afternoon and started the ribs at about noon - dinner tonight will be ribs and a glass of Merlot - life is GOOD![p]What's everyone else cooking?
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Gfw,
    Ribs & wine? Interesting! Hope that flavors are complimentary!

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Gfw,[p]I have a 2" thick hunk of tuna, marinating in a blend of mustard, soy, olive oil & crushed garlic. I'm going to sear it on the small Egg until it's crusty outside, sushi inside.[p]Happy ribs -[p]Cathy
  • Gfw
    Cat, that actually sounds kind of good - but, I think I'd have to cook it longer than "sushi" - how long did you marinate? If I was going to have it done inside, how long would you cook per side and at what temp? My wife won't be home for dinner tomorrow (she doesn't like fish) and it sounds like something I could try for a Friday dinner - can't have ribs 2 nights in a row![p]

• Gfw
    Bama Fire, trust me, they've worked well together in the past and in about 15 minutes I'm hoping they will work well together again. Have a great evening!

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Gfw,[p]I generally let it marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours.[p]Tuna dries out so easily that I always cook it over very high heat & leave it very rare. But Thrill of the Grill suggests 1" steaks, grilled 4-5 minutes a side over a "medium-hot" fire - on the Egg, I guess I'd try 4 minutes a side at 450-500. Tuna will cook faster than steak. Otheres here who likes tuna more done will likely have a more accurate recommendation.[p]Have you ever tried an Australian Shiraz with ribs? Nice combination.[p]Cathy
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Cat,
    Nothing like seared rare tuna!! Maybe some wasabi and ginger/soy sesame for dipping.
    Some fresh greens. The texture of hardly cooked fresh fish is wonderful.
    Doesn't get much better. Those who are squeamish about it, should just try it sometime.
    Have fun
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Gfw,[p]Tonight we had chilean sea bass marinated in lemon juice, chardonnay, salt, pepper, olive oil and fresh rosemary from the garden. I put it on an alder plank with alder chips in the fire, indirect at 350 for a half hour or so. [p]It came out flaky with a crunchy crust and with a light smokey taste. [p]After dinner I got the temps down to 200 or so and I just put on a butt for a pulled pork party tomorrow. [p]As you would say, life is good.
  • Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Gfw,
    You too![p]I think I'll cook some ribs this weekend. I still haven't produced a rack that I'm overjoyed with. I'll keep trying 'til I get it down pat, though.[p]B~F