Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. What size house do you live in?

Comments

• Little over 4,000. The ceilings are only 4' and the doors are 3'
    When I visited Steve last summer, I was concerned about the complimentary hardhats and knee pads we received until I saw the ceiling & door heights.    
    Flint, Michigan
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

@acn, jealous of your commute, right now my cmite is 1 hour 15inutes to work and an hour and a half jome

Thanks, I commuted from Baltimore to Northern Virginia for about 3.5 years and that was anywhere from 2-4.5 hours each way, depending on traffic/train/metro issues. I had changed jobs prior to us buying and we were NOT going to be moving out into rural MD and start long drives again.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Would love a smaller house on this property. Something underground with little woodland creatures singing all around

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Little over 4,000. The ceilings are only 4' and the doors are 3'
    When I visited Steve last summer, I was concerned about the complimentary hardhats and knee pads we received until I saw the ceiling & door heights.    
    You would have trouble with ten foot ceilings and nine foot doors. How many concussions have you had? You should sue somebody.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,797
    Little over 4,000. The ceilings are only 4' and the doors are 3'
    You would have trouble with ten foot ceilings and nine foot doors. How many concussions have you had? You should sue somebody.

He should sue you.  For height discrimination.  @Eggcelsior and I should probably visit you so we can make it a class action suit.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Little Steven
    You can't sue in Canada. We thought better of it after watching you guys :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    1600 square feet (as far as the tax man knows).   Another half or better than that for our home theater and a full bath downstairs, shhhh.   so that's 3 bedrooms and 3 baths.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    1064 sqft on a 0.1 acre unmanicured  estate, i thought i would be able to keep up with the lawn care on such a small lot but i was wrong :)) my house is 4 feet from the lake :D my camp is 1550 square feet with 360 foot of lake/river frontage.  two camps, im always going to camp. i skipped the house idea and went with a low budget camp, then needed a camp to go too.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Very cool thread.  A1750 sq ft log cabin with another 750 sq ft in a partially finished basement on a 10 acre wooded lot.  Just me, SWMBO and 3 dogs with a total weight just over 350 lbs (our security system).  Other than the fact I can't see any neighbors, the best part is no mortgage, it's paid in full.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Alright! one of the only ones under 1K.  950 for me, SWMBO and dog.

We are blessed to live in the Bay Area, have a short commute, and affordable housing.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    I thought that anything remotely close to "the Bay Area" was well beyond affordable for most of us :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • We were fortunate to buy at the lowest market point in 20 years and in a suburb! 
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095

Just retired and downsized from 11,800 on 15 acres in the country.

Now 5,700 on an acre with 5 kids and a grandson

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Just myself, 23 sq ft. cardboard refrigerator box... very portable, folds up when not in use. also have a shopping cart to move it.

Live off the grid. no utility bills.

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Geez, I feel small at only 1300 sq.ft. . 3 of us in a 1 1/2 story 1 bath for 25 years and never much of a problem. Hey it was paid off after 12 years. So I bought a boat .

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    The landscaper has his own erection.
    Sure hope he keeps it clear of the hedge clippers!!  :D:D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'd love to downsize when Jake graduates in 4 years...maybe travel some but swmbo wants a larger place for the Grandkids we don't have. I'd like a condo with a community pool and courtyard type back yard for an entertaining area and kitchen.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • 900sq apartment.  Little big for just me, but got a deal and I get to walk to work, a plethora of bars, restaurants, and grocery stores without messing with moving my car or public transportation.
    Pentwater, MI
  • Little Steven

Just retired and downsized from 11,800 on 15 acres in the country.

Now 5,700 on an acre with 5 kids and a grandson

Are you finding it tight?
    B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple

900sq apartment.  Little big for just me, but got a deal and I get to walk to work, a plethora of bars, restaurants, and grocery stores without messing with moving my car or public transportation.

Where do you live?
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited January 2014
    2700 sqft upper quarters and 1100 sqft finished basement. Its just me, SWMBO and our 10 month old. 

I love the extra space for when I need some time for me. lol
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Bowhunter can't believe you were the first on that I bit my lip so hard I need stitches. Iam just happy they don't share one.

BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,135
    The landscaper has his own erection.
    Sure hope he keeps it clear of the hedge clippers!!

Can't believe you were the first to commit on that one I bit my lip so hard I need stitches. I was just happy they did not have to share one.

XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    edited January 2014
    Our house is a little over a 100 year old farm house, it's about 1800 square feet, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, unfinished basement.  There is only two of us and we feed the occasional feral cat or cats.

Gerhard

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    henapple said:
    900sq apartment.  Little big for just me, but got a deal and I get to walk to work, a plethora of bars, restaurants, and grocery stores without messing with moving my car or public transportation.
    Where do you live?

Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little surprises.

ShadowNick: Many pinatas?

Jefe: Oh yes, many!

ShadowNick: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

Jefe: A what?

ShadowNick: A *plethora*.

Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.

ShadowNick: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Jefe: Why, ShadowNick?

ShadowNick: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.

Jefe: Forgive me, ShadowNick. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

:)

~4500sqft with swmbo, 2 kids, 20lbs of dog (There are 2).  I'd downsize once the kids are out, but my watering hole is soooo clooose.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • 3K 2 story, 17 year old son and 3 chihuahuas. Pavilion & Pergola out back for egging and relaxing.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Ranch/rambler with 2,300 plus about 1,000 finished in the basement. My house is considered a tear down because everyone wants a new 4k + McMansion.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • henapple
    Did I miss something?
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
      Just me, SWMBO and 3 dogs with a total weight just over 350 lbs (our security system).  
    Does the 350 include you and SWMBO, or is it just the dogs?
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    henapple said:

Did I miss something?

Three Amigos lines... anytime I hear 'plethora', I think of el guapo. :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • henapple
    Oh