Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not a New Years resolution

Got horribly sick before Christmas and am ten days into not smoking. I'm so cranky

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Sorry and glad to hear. I've been away since 12/26, but were you out of power for long?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    About three days until the generator pooed the bed. About two after that. Had all the in-laws over cause they were out for ten days.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Crazy times in the T-dot!
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Little Steven
    We had it worse than tranna. All our lines are old and the tree canopy is overtop. I didn't take all the pics I should have but the birches were bent over to the ground. It didn't thaw until a couple of days ago. We got off easy. Makes you think about how bad it was in Quebec a few years ago.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    " Makes you think about how bad it was in Quebec a few years ago."

Or about why anyone thinks that latitude is inhabitable by humans.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Little Steven
    Foghorn said:
    " Makes you think about how bad it was in Quebec a few years ago." Or about why anyone thinks that latitude is inhabitable by humans.

Four seasons are so nice though

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    We're in the middle of "occasionally long pants are required" season. That's preceded and followed by "long pants aren't uncomfortable" seasons. The 4th season is summer. It lasts from about April to October. What's not to like about our 4 seasons?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Little Steven
    The 120* 95% humidity part for six months

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    nothing worse than a cranky pissed off midget, you already making excuses for missing icefest?
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

Or the -120 and 95 inches of snow
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Just remember-sick is not an option...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    Sorry to hear that LS, now I feel so stupid and terrible for bothering you few days after Christmas and knew nothing about all this ... the last I heard was you had generator and had an open house for family and friends in need. Please accept my belated apology  :\"> ... bracing ourselves for another round, stay safe my friend.
    canuckland
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Rolling power outages here on the rock as well and right now over 100,000 people here have no power:( 

Ours just came back on.

Congrats on the no smoking LS keep it up it up its not easy I know:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Got horribly sick before Christmas and am ten days into not smoking. I'm so cranky

I've got 4 cigs left and we have a level 1 snow emergency for the next 24 hours. Can't be out on the roads.
    Sucks to be an addict!
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    henapple said:

Or the -120 and 95 inches of snow
    This is the better option. I can go snowboarding.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Snowboarding is better than water boarding
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    henapple said:

Snowboarding is better than water boarding

Unless you get snow down your pants. That's torture.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I have about 10 friends who quit smoking by vaping. It was relatively easy for them, so consider using an e-sig if cold turkey, gum, or pills don't work.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    My people are built for heat and humidity :)   Snow,  ice,  and Arctic temps  are another matter entirely.  

Glad to hear you have some respite  from the elements and that things are a little better. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Is that ten days of not smoking on the Egg? Cigarettes? Or pot or meth?

I'm 9 hours into not smoking cigarettes and so far so good. Of course, I was asleep for 7 of those hours... I have a feeling I'm about to get cranky. Good thing Mrs. G is outta town for a week.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• LS

Good luck on the no smoking.  It has almost been 8 years for me now and I am so glad I gave up the nasty habit.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Good for you LS, the quitting smoking thing I mean. unless you are buying on the reserve, think of each pack as another $3 you ripped off Harper for. Course you might give it to Wynne in LCBO mark-up....but still, quitting is the best thing you will ever do for yourself. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    nothing worse than a cranky pissed off midget, you already making excuses for missing icefest?
    I wouldn't miss you in sub zero temps for the world shortstop. It ain't philly in mn sunshine

Steve 

Caledon, ON