Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. What size house do you live in?

Options

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    2100. Wife, 1 year old, dog, and 2 eggs
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    edited January 2014
    Options
    1640 2 Bedrooms and 2 baths, 1 office/mancave.
     Just the wife and I and 3 cats who are very ungrateful.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    1800 sf, two of us.  Two eggs on back deck.  Jsut about perfect.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    2500. One wife, 2 teenaged daughters, and 2 Boston Terriers.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    edited January 2014
    Options
    2850 plus another 500 finished in the basement. Empty nesters now, 3 empty bedrooms waiting for grand kids some day.  We do share the place with a 72 lb boxer mix
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    2200 square foot. Me, wife and my 2 little girls and 1 schnauzer. And 1 large Egg.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

6,800 sq. ft.

2 people and a domestic.  The landscaper has his own erection.
    That's one big cave. Hahaha so proud of myself for knowing what your handle means.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    2100 sf (not counting the basement, where my home office is) for me and the Mrs, my son and his 4 yo daughter, and an old golden retriever.  We enjoyed empty nesting for about a year before the son and granddaughter moved back in.  Best thing that ever happened.  Love having her here.  LBGE lives on a 270 sf stamped concrete patio off the family room.
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    My townhouse is a little under 3k sqft and will be around 3300 if/when we finish the basement.
  • drummerben
    Options
    1800sf house with the wife and our 7month old baby boy. And how could I forget our two mini-dachshunds - they rule the place.

LBGE Atlanta, GA  Ramblin' Wreck

• drummerben
    Options
    1800sf house with the wife and our 7month old baby boy. And how could I forget our two mini-dachshunds - they rule the place.

LBGE Atlanta, GA  Ramblin' Wreck

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Kosko said:
    2200 square foot. Me, wife and my 2 little girls and 1 schnauzer. And 1 large Egg.

exactly the same here, except i have two little boys
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Umm, yeah, I've got 950 sq ft upstairs and another 900 sq ft in the basement. I'm guessing I probably can't entertain many of you. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

Umm, yeah, I've got 950 sq ft upstairs and another 900 sq ft in the basement. I'm guessing I probably can't entertain many of you. 

Crap dude. My master is around the size of 1 level. It's what sold the place to us. It's going to be really hard to move.
  • Cyclops42
    Options
    3900 SF including finished basement. 1wife, myself and 2 mini schnauzers that get most of the attention.

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and Mini BGE

Wants:  More time and beer.....

• grussem
    grussem Posts: 120
    Options
    2,507 square feet plus a detached garage.  Two of us plus 2 cats.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Mickey said:
    2800 two of us and a very large poodle. Getting ready to retire in two months and would like 1400 but wife says think of the grandchildren. I think of them in the Inn just down the street. I would like a large kitchen and bedroom and two baths, that's where we live.
    Agree completely, except it is 2800, two of us and a St Bernard rather than a poodle. I've been retired for a while and SWMBO has won the argument over the grandkids, they have their own rooms when they visit which is pretty much all the time, give it a chance Mickey, it is great. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Crap dude. My master is around the size of 1 level. It's what sold the place to us. It's going to be really hard to move.

Use me as an example to your kids and grandkids to stay in school. 

I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    2800 sq ft., double attached garage, seperate 30x30 toy and yard implement shop, all on 4 acres. Just finished an 800 sq ft deck on the back, where the egg lives. Just me and SWMBO and 2 purebred Shihtzus. ( Trooper and Vader.) Yes I am a Star Wars nut.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Too big now that SWMBO and I are empty nesters.  However, the downsizing discussion is being held hostage by failure to understand right answer when told on my part. 

I feel for you brother. It seems we are idiots (not the good kind like VI). These people come 160 miles to us maybe 7 nights a year. For that I get (me) mow an acre and help clean this house. As well as the extra fuel keeping it up. For gods sake think of the grandchildren. They are 14 and 10, the allure of us seems to lessen each year. But I'm the idiot that wants to downsize.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Around 1350, plus a partially finished basement that would add another 600 or so when we fully finish it. It is about right for the 3 of us, the dog and the cat. Plus it is in a historic district (which makes our taxes just about half of what they'd be across the street), has plenty of established trees, and the worst commute I've ever had was 15 minutes.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fletcherfam
    Options
    @acn, jealous of your commute, right now my cmite is 1 hour 15inutes to work and an hour and a half jome
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    3900 sq ft for me, SWMBO and two teenagers, one of whom is a freshman in college and only comes home for breaks.  It backs up to 60+ acres of neighborhood greenspace (woods with deer, foxes, owls, coyotes, etc) but is in the city limits and only 4 miles from work.  We've talked about ultimately downsizing back to our 2200 sq ft first home across town that we have kept as a rental, but I'm going to be hard-pressed to give up the 60 acre back yard.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• TEH68
    TEH68 Posts: 62
    Options
    1800 sf, 4/2.5 split level for me and my 2 kids who I have almost half the time. Best part is, its only 3 mins from the golf course!
    Large, Small & Mini. Marietta, GA Go DAWGS!!
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    About 2500 on a couple acres with 4 young kids, 2 guinea pigs, one LBGE.  Dog and chickens coming in the spring.  SWWLMHACP (she who won't let me have a couple pigs) says we are never moving again.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Little over 4,000. The ceilings are only 4' and the doors are 3'

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    1650 sq ft 4 of us and a dog on 1/3 acre

Garnerville, NY
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

Do you have round doorways like Bilbo?

Keeping up with the Baggins is hard work.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    I saw that dog house behind your mansion!
    canuckland