Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First attempt at pizza

Options
I would consider it an overall success, but still feel like I have room for improvement. We did just basic pepperoni tonight for a trial run.
Greenville, SC Large BGE est. December 2013

Comments

• shadowcaster
    Options
    They look tasty to me!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    They look good from here! How did you prepare and cook, and where do you see improvement needed?
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Looper
    Looper Posts: 44
    Options

Looks great.  You're right: MORE PIZZA!

• Azzardi
    Azzardi Posts: 56
    Options
    Looks great !
    New to the Eggworld from Antwerpen - Belgium
  • SuperCooper
    Options
    I ended up using Publix dough. Everything else was also store bought ingredients (when i feel a little more adventurous, i'll make my own sauce and dough). Improvements i would make would be do to let my wife help. I asked her to put some corn mill on the pan it she put way too much. Made the bottom of the pizza really dusty. I will also put more pizza sauce on the pizza. How long do most of you let your dough sit before stretching? Mine was out about an hour and 15 min and it would contract back a little when stretched. Also, does anyone have any tips to give the crust a little more flavor? The one on the right i brushed EVOO to the crust.
    Greenville, SC Large BGE est. December 2013