Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Spatchcocked Chicken (with pics)

Sooooo......after doing a beer-can chicken as my first cook, I decided to try the "spatchcocked" method for cooking a whole chicken. Let's just say I probably won't be doing another beer-can chicken again!

After removing the backbone of the whole chicken and laying it out "butterflied", I seasoned it with some olive oil and John Henry's "Texas Chicken Tickler" seasoning. (This seasoning works wonders on grilled vegetables as well).

I preheated the Egg to 400 degrees with a raised grid, direct cook, and added the chicken breast side up.

I let the chicken cook for about an hour before pulling off, checking the internal temperature periodically.

Guests loved the end product, as did I. One of the best tasting chickens I've ever had. No sauce needed, tender and juicy. Will definitely be doing another Spatchcocked chicken in the near future! 
Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
Cumming, GA  

Comments