Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

beef short rib stew

No big deal. Sher-bear wanted stew and I had the ribs so I used them. Basic stew. She and my mil loved it. The meat fell off the bone while cooking. Only a few pics. I cheated and used my stove top eye in the cave for the first steps and then 2.5 hours in the egg.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    Recipe for stew? That looks super good.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Good looking stew... Perfect for weather like this
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    I will eat that
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,572
    Travis I lost the recipe online. I have it printed and can send you a pic tomorrow. Basic deal.

I cooked bacon for the sear but did add it
    S & on ribs and sear all sides and remove
    Onions, carrots, 2 8oz portobello packs....sweat then stir in 3 tbls of AP flour till smooth. Then add 2 cups each low sodium chicken broth and red wine and 5 sprigs of rosemary. ..I used Mccormick
    It didn't call for them but at this point I added 4 medium sized taters
    Cook down 10-15 then add the ribs. I submerged them. Covered then into the egg on the ps @ 350 for 2.5 hrs. I lowered the temp late to keep it from boiling.

I was surprised when I got ready to serve to see the bones were clean. Trim off as much fat as you can. I add fresh cut corn 1 hour out. Okra would be good. I added 1 more 50/50 cup of broth-wine. At the last hour I took the lid off to thicken it some.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    edited January 2014
    That looks amazing. Carl Weathers would be proud (Arrested Development).

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,330
    Dude, that looks great.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • Excellent choice for meat, bet it was awesome
    NW Iowa
    ·