Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza

Options
I love cooking pizza on the egg. My wife makes the dough and it is great. I still have to use my pizza pan because I can not get the dough on the pizza stone. We cook the pizza high in the egg. I put place setter legs down and the 2 bricks in the place setter. Then the pizza stone and fun all the pizza pan once the temp is where I need it. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for the help!!

Comments

• DoofusOfTheDay
    Options
    I use a bunch of corn meal on the pizza peel and it should slide right off onto pizza stone.  I've only done 1 pizza on the Egg, since I just got my egg, but have done lots inside, and have never had issue with sliding the pizza off the peel with corn meal on the peel.  They act like little ball bearings, or something like that.  Next time I cook pizza on the egg I am going to use some copper tees between the PS and the pizza stone to provide more air flow and less of a burnt bottom of pizza.
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Try using a pizza screen, I make the pizza right on the screen then cook it about half way then remove the screen for the remainder of the cook. It works perfect.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

I used to use corn meal, don't like as well, specially on the 2nd or 3rd pizza.

Try parchment paper.   Make the pizza inside on PP.  Slide the paper directly onto the pizza stone.   After 3-4 minutes ( depending on temp)  the dough starts to dry out against the paper, a gentle tug on the paper while holding something against the edge of the crust - the paper slides right out.

Works perfect every time.

Cookin in Texas
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I use my trusty old wooden peel (from the 80s I think) with just a pinch of semolina. I shape the dough on a floured bread board and then slide it onto the semolina'd peel. As I'm building the pie, I shake the peel after every ingredient is added, to make sure it doesn't stick. Slides right off without a heavy, gritty coating of corn meal stuck to the bottom. 

Semolina on the peel...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoofusOfTheDay
    Options
    I use my trusty old wooden peel (from the 80s I think) with just a pinch of semolina. I shape the dough on a floured bread board and then slide it onto the semolina'd peel. As I'm building the pie, I shake the peel after every ingredient is added, to make sure it doesn't stick. Slides right off without a heavy, gritty coating of corn meal stuck to the bottom. 

Semolina on the peel...
    Yeha have used semolina too, that works great.
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA