Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Piggy

Just another piece of evidence that the pork shoulder is very forgiving and the egg is the ultimate cooker. I put a 7 pounder on at 7:30 am at 250 on my LGE hoping to eat by 5:00 pm. At 3:30 the pig was still in the stall at 175. I goosed the egg to 360 and in an hour it was at 198. I pulled and FTC for half an hour. At 5:00 pm I pulled it a part and it was as tender and tasty as the others I've done.

Comments

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,127
    What a pretty picture!  Especially with all those burger buns just waiting to be loaded up with pulled pok.  Great job!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    We must be livin some weird parallel universe. Same rolls. Same cook. Same issue with time and temp. Worked out well for me too. You didn't happen to use bone doctors bbq sauce and make cole slaw too did u? Lol
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Slaw, yes - BBQ sauce, no.  Local sauce from the restaurant Rocklands.  Werid!

• ArlingtonGrill don't you just love it when a plan works out  
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • shuckershucker Posts: 483
    That's a good lookin butt!

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG