Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepper Stout Beef

I hadn't cooked one of these in a while. Pretty much used the Wolfe Pit recipe except I devein and remove the seeds from the jalapeños as Mrs R2 and I can't handle much heat. I also used Big Butz BBQ's Cow Pow rub instead of S&P.
Smoked a 3 1/2 lb 7 bone chuck roast (over a butt - not part of the recipe :) ) until IT hit about 165: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Prepped the standard veggies & tried a Big Bear Stout: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Added the chuck to the pan and covered: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
It went back into the Egg at about 325-350 for almost 3 hrs before it was pulled and returned to the Egg uncovered for a while longer to reduce the liquids. Finished product: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Served on a ciabatta roll (I added some cheese after taking this pic): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
It was some good eats. I really need to make this more often.
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments