Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pepper Stout Beef

R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,569
I hadn't cooked one of these in a while. Pretty much used the Wolfe Pit recipe except I devein and remove the seeds from the jalapeños as Mrs R2 and I can't handle much heat. I also used Big Butz BBQ's Cow Pow rub instead of S&P.
Smoked a 3 1/2 lb 7 bone chuck roast (over a butt - not part of the recipe :) ) until IT hit about 165: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Prepped the standard veggies & tried a Big Bear Stout: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Added the chuck to the pan and covered: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
It went back into the Egg at about 325-350 for almost 3 hrs before it was pulled and returned to the Egg uncovered for a while longer to reduce the liquids. Finished product: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Served on a ciabatta roll (I added some cheese after taking this pic): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
It was some good eats. I really need to make this more often.
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
Bay Area, CA

Comments