Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Forum Fantasy Football league.

Comments

• Now I can start officially talking trash...

I'm undefeated.  Suck it.

Bring on week 4!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    I too am a commissioner league.  A thankless and annoying job for sure.  What does that say about the intelligence of this league.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • Still missing payment from 1 in league 2 and two people in league 3.  2.5 hour warning boys.  If payment isn't received there will be consequences. (Yeah I'm the internet Tony Soprano
    >:)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

Still missing payment from 1 in league 2 and two people in league 3.  2.5 hour warning boys.  If payment isn't received there will be consequences. (Yeah I'm the internet Tony Soprano

So Scott, worse case scenario. What if they don't pay? I don't even know who they are on our board. Next year, I think we need to make it mandatory that everyone uses their forum handle. It will get rid of anonymity and will actually make the leagues more fun. I feel like I'm playing with stranger right now.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Zick
    cazzy said:
    Still missing payment from 1 in league 2 and two people in league 3.  2.5 hour warning boys.  If payment isn't received there will be consequences. (Yeah I'm the internet Tony Soprano
    So Scott, worse case scenario. What if they don't pay? I don't even know who they are on our board. Next year, I think we need to make it mandatory that everyone uses their forum handle. It will get rid of anonymity and will actually make the leagues more fun. I feel like I'm playing with stranger right now.
    Agree 100% Cazzy! 

Zick - aka Smoke this...
  • Any way to
    Pay for them?

I'd cover if they get me back and we don't add anyone else to league safe.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Zick
    Wh should ak everyone to change their team names.  It is easy to do in most leagues.  Make it more fun.

• I apologize again guys hopefully next year will be a much smoother experience. @MaskedMarvel if they haven't paid by now I doubt they will. And I do regret the Leaguesafe decision but I didn't feel comfortable asking people to send money to a Paypal account that I controlled.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • cazzy

I apologize again guys hopefully next year will be a much smoother experience. @MaskedMarvel if they haven't paid by now I doubt they will. And I do regret the Leaguesafe decision but I didn't feel comfortable asking people to send money to a Paypal account that I controlled.

I don't regret it at all. It's new so communication problems can happen. The less you're responsible for the better...and we'll all know next time about the late fee.
  • cazzy
    Looks like league 3 is just missing payments from Mustangs and Zane's team.  Have no idea who they are on the board though.  Mustangs is active and Zane hasn't logged on since the 18th of August.  
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Still one in League 2 who hasn't paid.  Hard to believe.  All the reminders on this board plus I posted the link to the pay site on the league message board back on Aug 27th.  There's always one in the group...
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• So I won League 2. Do I get a mini or just the cash to maybe get a mini or how does this work?
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • Zick
    Congrats Newb!  I was trying to catch you but to not avail.  Maybe next year.

Jason aka Smoke this!

• Scottborasjr took League 3...  congrats...  The Gasket Burners didn't even get CLOSE to showing up this week,,,  Sheesh..

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Zick said:
    Congrats Newb!  I was trying to catch you but to not avail.  Maybe next year.

Jason aka Smoke this!

Thanks! The Josh Gordon - Calvin Johnson combo really carried me. Amazingly they ended up tied for the top scoring WR both with 219.20 points.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    I have been devastated since Sunday but congrats to chrisphillips81 in league 1. My team didn't want to play this week I guess. It was fun and a great year!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited December 2013
    It's going to be 50% of money for first 30% for second and 20% of the pot for third.  I will be getting on the payout site tomorrow or the day after Christmas to distribute payments.  I'd do it tonight but I'm not seeing straight after work and the Christmas eve festivities with the kids, and I'm only on my third beer.  Merry Christmas, and happy holidays, congrats to the winners!

@Newb the original idea was for a mini but to encourage participation the entry fee was lowered so I'm guessing you'll be about halfway to a mini without looking at it right now. 

To those who finished in the 1-3 spots in each league please pm your names that you registered with under leaguesafe so I can get this distributed as quickly as possible for all involved. Thanks for playing guys. 
  • I got an email about from the LeagueSafe site about being in the top 3, but I didn't make the playoffs in league #1.. Just wanted to make sure the right people get paid.
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • Scottborasjr
    I sent a email out about needing to associate the winners email address with their names from the leaguesafe site. Probably not going to use this next year if we do this again.  Very disorganized website for what they claim to do. 
  • Scottborasjr
    OK guys I really need responses, I stated a couple of different times in this thread how I was breaking down the winnings in each league to first second and third, but It seems the other two winners of the three leagues thought it was winner take all.  Again, my fault.  If we all thought it was winner take all I will apply that to the leagues I didn't win and break it down in the league that I won. But I need you all to reply, I apologize again as this was my first time doing this.  If we do it again next year we will be more aware of what pitfalls can come through doing a league where you personally don't know anyone outside of the forum.

Once again, my apologies for how discombobulated this has been.  I'd really like to hear from everyone positive or negative.  I was really hoping for more smack talk on the forum or on Yahoo but it really didn't materialize. Congrats to the winners and Happy New Year. 
  • Does winner of consolation bracket get anything??
  • Scottborasjr
    @Z_Eggineer, no, unfortunately the consolation winner doesn't win. 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Whatever's clever on payouts, I thought it was winner takes all but even if you read through this entire thread it never was decided on payouts clearly. I applaud your efforts @scottborasjr because this has been no small task.
  • Scottborasjr
    edited January 2014
    Thanks @U_tarded, it hasn't been easy. Hopefully next year it will be a much smoother experience.
    The original intent was to get the winner a mini, or close to it. 
  • Scottborasjr
    I really think unless I get a firestorm from the other owners that I will pay the winner of each league total payout because as I said above, the original intent was to get the winner a Mini Egg. If you have a problem with that please let me know. And I will address it. 

Hopefully next year will be a much better experience for me and all of you. I apologize again for all of the confusion and if I don't hear any one arguing I will allocate payments tonight. 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    I have no problem with that in league three. Lesse... Hmm.... I got Second place?!?!!! Who was first? AH HA!!! Lol jk sbj, it was a fun season.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Scottborasjr
    Thanks @MaskedMarvel, I really appreciate it.  
  • I'm fine with a full payout to the winner
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • Scottborasjr
    Thanks @bccomstock
  • Scottborasjr
    I've allocated the winnings to the first place teams in each league. You all have a chance to vote on my decision via leaguesafe. Please do so if you have a chance, and if you disagree with my final decision to get the winner of each league as close to a Mini as possible let me know.