Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm Looking for good wing sauce , Please help

Options
Hello 
I'm looking for good wing sauce , i make one with hot sauce / butter / garlic / honey.
my wife and kids are not to crazy about it because i make it too hot for them .
im looking for sauce that wife and 6 and 7 year old kids can enjoy .

Thank for all your help 

Mario  

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    We do Dichickos Garlic and Extra Hot.  A marinade.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• ShadowNick
    Options
    Could add in more butter to cut the heat.... Also simmering the hot sauce before mixing in the butter for a while will mellow it out.
    Pentwater, MI
  • moose28
    moose28 Posts: 61
    Options
    Ceasar salad dressing and franks. Make it as hot or nt as you want. Sprinkle with Parmesan and enjoy
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    You can use terraki sauce too.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • WoodsDog
    WoodsDog Posts: 48
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So there is the wing joint in Utah (maybe other places) called Wingers.  Their sauce is really tasty.  When I looked for a copy cat recipe (I don't live there), I learned it's not an amazing recipe, but it sure turns out tasty.  It's always a favorite here when we do wings, and all other sauces are ignored.  It's got the buffalo flavor, but it's cut way down.

1 Cup Franks Red Hot
    1 Cup Brown Sugar

Melt together. on the stove.

I usually cut it down to 2/3 cup Red Hot sauce, 1 cup brown sugar.

• Meathead1974
    Options
    I've always found that the simplest Wing Sauce is Texas Pete (You can buy the big bottle) and butter.  If you want it less hot....add more butter.  You get the idea
    Fort Mill, SC
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    My avatar is related to hot wing sauce!

I like hot wing sauce too.  When I make wings for guests I leave some naked, and on the side have some  BBQ sauce (like a sweet baby rays) or one of my favorites is Soy-vay wiki-wiki teriyaki (for me, I blend in serranos, garlic and cilantro.. optional).
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

Adjust for amount of wings, but 1 cup buffalo hot wing sauce and 1/2 cup of ranch dressing, 1 TSP of butter. Simmer for 10 minutes or so. Toss the cooked wings in the sauce then put back on the egg to carmelize for 10-15 mins. Add or subtract ingredients but this is my go to for folks who dont like too hot, plus you dont have to dip in a sauce.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    There are many, many options out there, but I'll throw out a suggestion for my favorite wing sauce:African Rhino Peri-Peri sauce (http://kalaharipepper.com/). I always get the extra hot, but they have a mild and hot as well. This stuff is great and just different enough from the Buffalo style sauces (which I also really enjoy) to be distinct. Give it a shot sometime. 

Cheers-
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    On this site or Google, 'jalamango sauce' by SC_Dyal. this will fix ya up.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    For the kids, we use 1 part Worcestershire and 1 part soy sauce. Tastes pretty good as long as you set it on the wings.

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• XLwayneco
    Options
    Cup of franks 2tbl spoons of butter a tbl spoon of garlic powder and add lemon juice as needed to cut the heat
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Cup of Franks, cup of Famous Daves devil spit. Half a stick of butter... Adj the butter for heat
  • tjosborne
    Options
    All I ever use is Franks with Sriracha  to kick up the heat. Tasty if you like the two.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    edited February 2014
    Options
    But for your wife and kids? What is their favorite bbq sauce? just go with that. Plain and simple.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Tonight i modified one tonight I found online I am gonna use it tomorrow but it tasted good out of the sauce pan.  Here it is:

2 fresh jalapeños seeded and sautéed to soften
    2 cloves garlic 
    4 tsp butter
    4 tsp pepper jelly (1 used 2 of some habanero jelly I had and 2 of plum jelly my mom makes)
    4 tsp franks red hot
    1 tsp salt

in sauce pan heat jelly and butter melt until smooth over low heat.  add salt, garlic and franks to food processor and puree until smooth.  add softened jalapenos and pulse until they are finely chopped.  add to jelly butter mix.  I will do a full write up tomorrow, or monday (tomorrow may become a haze quickly).  
  • TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    Try Sweet Baby Rays and Franks
    Wing sauce. Toss in plain SBR for the wife and kids then mix in the Franks for yourself.
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • pigoutsc
    Options
    WoodsDog said:
    So there is the wing joint in Utah (maybe other places) called Wingers.  Their sauce is really tasty.  When I looked for a copy cat recipe (I don't live there), I learned it's not an amazing recipe, but it sure turns out tasty.  It's always a favorite here when we do wings, and all other sauces are ignored.  It's got the buffalo flavor, but it's cut way down.

1 Cup Franks Red Hot
    1 Cup Brown Sugar

Melt together. on the stove.

I usually cut it down to 2/3 cup Red Hot sauce, 1 cup brown sugar.

That recipe was fantastic and simple. Thanks for sharing
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    I do a 50/50 mix of Franks & KC Masterpiece Original. I tune down the Franks for sensitive folks. Glaze the wings at the very end of the cook and the sauce them again as they come off the egg.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    On this site or Google, 'jalamango sauce' by SC_Dyal. this will fix ya up.
    That would be Dyal_SC . SC for South Carolina

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I have some wings going on tonight and I was searching for something new to try. I found a bottle of Trader Joe's Sweet Chili Sauce in the fridge, I mixed in about an equal amount of Sriracha, added some crushed red pepper flakes, and 1/2 minced jalapeño. It's got good flavor and nice heat but it's quite thick. Anyone have a suggestion on how to "loosen" it up a bit? Was thinking 1TSP of butter or something?
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Can't go wrong with Big Un's sweet Carnivore sauce.... http://www.carnivorebbq.com/Items.html I don't like hot either and this is just perfect.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA