Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

On a roll!

Options
After the success of my first post, I thought I'd add a few more pics,image This was a leg of lamb , tried to low/slow but , although it pulled it could have been more tender. image These were a couple of spatchcock chooks , they look alright but had soggy skin, can you get a crispy skin on the egg, as it really does help retain the moisture in the meat. image This was a kilo(about 2lbs) tiger prawns in garlic butter using about 30 cloves of garlic . Man you smell our breath from a mile away after eating these! image This one is of a chuck steak(you call a brisket I think) and a shoulder of pork . I have to make my own rubs as you can't get them here, the chuck had "Best Odds Brisket " rub and the pork had "Memphis" rub. image And finally a pic of the old girl doing her business on the veranda of our newly acquired money pit.

Comments

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    It looks like you have a nice view from your porch. The food also looks good !
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Options
    Looks great and the view is nice. Happy to see ya here.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You have been busy! The shrimp sounds lovely - what do you do with it and how do you serve it?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • aussieprime
    Options
    caliking said:
    You have been busy! The shrimp sounds lovely - what do you do with it and how do you serve it?
    We just grab a fork and eat it out of the DO, with some buttered crusty bread to soak up the garlic butter.
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Where in Oz and where from in Blighty?
    I'm an ex-pat in Brentwood Tennessee since 1982.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Crispy chicken skin starts with dry chicken skin. Pat with a paper towel and air dry, store uncovered, overnight in the fridge after dusting lightly with corn starch or baking powder, I use a 50/50 mix. only needs a dusting. Apply your rub within a couple hours before they hit the grid. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • boboegg
    boboegg Posts: 46
    Options
    Does your smoke go up or down?

LBGE, Lawrenceville, GA
  • aussieprime
    Options
    From hertford in Herfordshire , about 20 miles north of London , and now in Bacchus Marsh about 40 miles west of Melbourne ,Victoria .
  • aussieprime
    Options
    boboegg said:
    Does your smoke go up or down?

It goes up , but spirals anti clockwise , not clockwise like in northern hemisphere  ;)
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    From hertford in Herfordshire , about 20 miles north of London , and now in Bacchus Marsh about 40 miles west of Melbourne ,Victoria .

I'm from Hammersmith, West London then Guildford, Surrey. I have a brother in Hatfield, Herts.
    Welcome to the best forum.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields