Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

10lb prime rib

Options
Indirect at 275 for 3 hrs and then a quick sear- internal @135. Delicious! My neighbour had the roast and asked me to cook it on the egg.
In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Your neighbor showed good judgement.  And with this effort I suspect he will do it again soon. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    I wish that dude was my neighbor.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    @shtgunal3, I hear you. Maybe one day we'll be as famous as @GlennM and Centex and we'll have people just bringing outstanding meat to our homes for us to cook. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    We can only dream

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    I would love to do one of those. Unfortunately I am the only person in my family who eats beef that isn't overcooked(to 165)
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    It was fun. He has a problem, family of four and they don't like beef. If he wants to have a nice meal he needs to invite my wife and I. I feel very lucky! It was really delicious and I have half the leftovers. I think I will warm it at 135 in the sous vide for dinner tonight.
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario