Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Old egg owner, first time on forum

aussieprimeaussieprime Posts: 41
edited January 2014 in EggHead Forum
Hey people, I've been a proud egg owner for about 6 yrs now,originally from England I emigrated to Australia 7 yrs ago and that's where I came across the BGE in the local Bbq shop. I hadn't seen one before but had to have one. Unfortunately they are no longer sold in Oz so I have to look on the US websites for the Eggcessories and that's how I found this forum. I've learnt a lot and tried a few of the recipes out with a varying degree of success. I'm now trying to post some pics on here, so if this message is posted without pics then I'll keep trying, and in the meantime keep watching and learning. Happy New Year.
image.jpg 98.5K
image.jpg 97K
image.jpg 94.5K
image.jpg 94.8K
image.jpg 85.5K
image.jpg 113.7K
image.jpg 99.6K
·

Comments

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,374
    Welcome & pics are loud & clear.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • Welcome!

From the pictures you do know how to cook some good food. Hang on here to learn more. Maybe a good thing you are far from this madding crowd.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 767

Looks like you've got the cooking and posting pics figured out. Welcome to the cult.

Tim in SoCal

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • Welcome! Are those potatoes? They look super long.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,552
    Very nice first post. Guess I can't say welcome to the cult since you've been egging longer than many of us. Interesting to see we share the idea of using head of carriage bolt to rest on the lower grid ;)

canuckland
    ·
  • Welcome! Are those potatoes? They look super long.
    They are Kipfler potatoes

·
  • How do you reply to someone's comment , I think I've just added something to johnincarolinas .
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,552
    edited January 2014
    How do you reply to someone's comment , I think I've just added something to johnincarolinas .
    after clicking on quote to create someone's comment in a shaded box, click in white space below the shaded area and type away.
    canuckland
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,126
    @aussieprime-G'day as I was fortunate enough to spend a year "down under" in the mid 90's.  Wish I had found your BBQ shop back then.  That said, I've done time with  a few "shrimps on the barbie" but miss the Moreton Bay Bugs from Darwin.  Looks like you have all the eggcessories you will need and can sort out how to locally gear-up without spending too many $$.  Welcome aboard.
    Louisville
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,257
    Welcome aboard.  Your pics and long history with the egg prove that you need to be a regular contributor so we can learn as much from you as you do from anybody here.  Keep the posts coming. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,076
    Welcome. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I'm glad you're here!  Your food looks great!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Welcome
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
  • Welcome aboard mate, pics look great!

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,233
    Welcome to the herd.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    Nice pics and look forward to your posts.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • warwomanwarwoman Posts: 206

Wow....great looking grub! Welcome from the Georgia mountains.

By the way, what type or brand of lump do you have access to down under?

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,677
    Excellent cooks, welcome to the forum, from a fellow "colonist" and member of the Commonwealth!

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • warwoman said:

Wow....great looking grub! Welcome from the Georgia mountains.

By the way, what type or brand of lump do you have access to down under?

Thanks, the shop that used to sell the egg, now sells the Kamado Joe, and their charcoal, which I've used, but they also sell a hardwood charcoal from Indonesia , which is cheaper, and i reckon better. Other than that not much else. Seems you lot over there have the Bbq scene sewn up with access to so much accessories and such like.
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 997

Welcome!  Any good kangaroo recipes?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 9,921
    edited January 2014

Very nice first post. Guess I can't say welcome to the cult since you've been egging longer than many of us. Interesting to see we share the idea of using head of carriage bolt to rest on the lower grid ;)

I like this idea! Seems to be sturdy & versatile. Is it sturdy? Or does it wobble? What size is the upper grid? How long of carriage bolts? Like it!
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 9,921
    Disregard my post...found thread on it. Either way. I like the idea and welcome to the egghead clan :-P
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,541
    Welcome to the Cracked Egg forum!
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,315
    Welcome!