Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CGS Adjustable rig

njl
njl Posts: 1,123
My original LBGE cooking grid has about had it (much of the coating is gone, rusts badly between cooks).  I was thinking of replacing it with a BGE stainless grid...but then I started looking at CGS.  It looks like their adjustable rig R & B oval combo plus a second oval grid and set of cross bars would make cooking 3 racks of baby backs easier (no worries about ribs overhanging the plate setter and the ends burning).

Anyone who has this, what say you?  How rust resistant in their stainless steel?

Comments

• I've had mine about a year and no rust issues. I have only used it 2-3 times but have big plans over the next few months.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • CGS Adj Rig is extremely nice! It's low carbon hard steel rig, comes well oiled when you get it. After a couple of cooks it seasons well. I can't say that I have had any rust issues at all with it. Mind you, I keep mine inside the BGE for storage. So, it is never fully exposed to the elements. The "T" allen wrench they supply will rust very quickly!

Most certainly the best investment for your BGE
    Grom Egger since Sept '11 My Egg Arsenal: Med BGE- Digi PartyQ- Mav ET73- Plate Setter- Stone- Ceramic Grill Works 2 tier- YuengLing-  Florida Panhandle
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Mine stays in the egg all the time... no rust and I highly recommend it!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    jtippers said:
    Mine stays in the egg all the time... no rust and I highly recommend it!
    +1

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• njl said:
    I started looking at CGS.  

Anyone who has this, what say you?  How rust resistant in their stainless steel?
    Ooops, I see now you were referring to the "Ceramic Grill Store" rig….my bad. I have the Ceramic GrillWorks rig
    Grom Egger since Sept '11 My Egg Arsenal: Med BGE- Digi PartyQ- Mav ET73- Plate Setter- Stone- Ceramic Grill Works 2 tier- YuengLing-  Florida Panhandle
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Get it, you will love it, Top quality.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Am I correct in assuming I'd want a second oval grid and set of cross bars?  Do you do your regular grilling (i.e. steaks) on the rig or pull it out and put a regular round cooking grid in for that?
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    edited January 2014
    I would call Tom and let him guide you through what you need. They are great to work with you and make sure you get what you need.
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    jtippers said:
    I would call Tom and let him guide you through what you need. They are great to work with you've and make sure you get what you need.
    And he won't over sell just to make a $.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Agree w/call Tom.
    I've actually had mine 1.5 yrs. now that I think of it. 
    I use cast iron grid for all direct cooks 
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    It's a killer setup. Everyone should have one.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Call and talk to Tom.  I would have saved a boatload of money on shipping especially had I not been my stubborn self and called before I started outfitting my Large.  I learned my lesson and when I outfitted my medium and small I made the call. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.