Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pig Shots - Detail

Headed over to a appetizer NYE celebration last night so I decided I would finally try pig shots. Smoked some coil pork sausage a couple days ago with some hickory. Removed the casing and sliced up for the shots. Wrapped thick cut bacon around the disc and then filled them with a mixture of cream cheese and mexican 4 cheese blend shredded cheese. Topped it with some brown sugar and put it into the egg indirect at 300.

Checked at the hour mark and they were kind of a mess. Spilling over, tipping over and what not but the bacon wasn't crisping very well so I bumped up the heat to 400 for the last 30 mintues. Came out message but FANTASTIC! These things were pretty much gone before all the guests arrived but hey, if your late its your own fault. These will not doubt be made again.

Happy New Year Everyone!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

Comments

• those look fantastic!

I have got to try this out
    Grom Egger since Sept '11 My Egg Arsenal: Med BGE- Digi PartyQ- Mav ET73- Plate Setter- Stone- Ceramic Grill Works 2 tier- YuengLing-  Florida Panhandle
  • @CatWrangler - thanks you need to try, little bit of work but so totally worth it.

NW IA

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,163
    Look real good!
  • @WeberWho? Thanks, if you haven't tried them you should

NW IA

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    It really follows the age old rule that if you combine three different kinds of fat it will taste good.  Nicely done. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • @Scottborasjr thanks and so true!

NW IA

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,163
    Just tried them Christmas day. I can't take any credit making them only eating them. All Kayla and the egg.
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 374
    I cook the bacon about half way than wrap. Everybody like the shots.Looks good!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• calikingcaliking Posts: 10,718
    Those look tasty for sure.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • WeberWho? said:
    Just tried them Christmas day. I can't take any credit making them only eating them. All Kayla and the egg.

Very nice, mine is still intimidated by the egg. She will use it if I light it for but normally just lets me handle it, which I am ok with.

NW IA

• Jebpot said:
    I cook the bacon about half way than wrap. Everybody like the shots.Looks good!!

Does this help keep them in a shot like form?

NW IA

• @Caliking - Thanks

NW IA