Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini BGE

hi everyone, i've been looking into purchasing a mini recently and will be headed to Atlanta for work in the next few weeks. i'm wondering if it would be a better deal to pick one up from the mothership while i am down there. does anyone know what typical price for a mini is direct from the mothership?
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,966
    I believe @lit is in that area. He may know.
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,716
    BGE store price is the same suggested retail as dealers. They protect their pricing. Every now and then there are demos, but I am not sure I've seen a mini demo there before.
    ·
  • nolan8vnolan8v Posts: 219
    I will pass the mothership tomorrow afternoon.

Are you interested in the Mini only or the mini with accessories?
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

·
    You can also call the store and ask for Terry. 

Address: 3417 Lawrenceville Hwy, Tucker, GA 30084
    Phone:(770) 938-9394
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

·
  • thanks nolan, just looking for the mini right now
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,716
    They have been closed in the past for inventory. I'd call before stopping by!
    ·
    I will stop tomorrow and get the information.
    Chris Rose 

·
  • Not sure if they are cheaper than retail, but my mini and nest cost $394 in Nov in Roswell.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    edited January 2014
    The mothership is not cheaper than any dealer. krobertsmsn is correct. minis are usually 400 bucks in the ATL area.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
    Mini + $399.00 
    Nest for Mini = $57.00
    Chris Rose 

·
  • awesome, thank you nolan. same prices that my local dealer has, which confirms everyone else's comments as well. looks like i'll just purchase one locally.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,537
    If you are going to be in the ATL area go to the BGE website and look for dealers in the area. The local dealers if you find the right one are cheaper than the retail store. The 2 that I have found the best prices at were Roswell hardware which is where Kronertsmsn probably got his or right by them is the work bench ace on Holcomb bridge road. I have not priced minis in awhile but those 2 stores are competitive on their large prices and better than the retail store. Also might want to wait for the GA mountain eggfest and get a demo mini. I believe they were $329 last year if I remember correctly.
    ·
  • I bought my mini and med BGEs (and won and purchased Yeti coolers too) from Roswell Hardware and always have had stellar service. I highly recommend them. Please tell them Karen from Rome sent you..  ;)
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·