Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT- Electric Knifes?

HotchHotch Posts: 2,354

Anybody have a good recommendation? Seems most I have found do not.

I remember when I was a growing up, we had one that was Harvest gold in color and never failed.

Even on all of the non food stuff I used in on.

"Politics I supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." Ronald Reagan 2 March 1977

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX
N Texas BBQ Brethren Bash Fall 2016 (LINK)
Please Drive thru to the First Window

Comments

• AlphonseAlphonse Posts: 79
    edited January 2014
    Check out American Angler. American made with great torque/ power. Comes with several blades and will cut meat like butter. If you're a fisherman you'll be surprised how it will handle a big redfish.
    Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
  • HotchHotch Posts: 2,354
    Thanks, need it also to slice bread.

"Politics I supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." Ronald Reagan 2 March 1977

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,038
    I picked up a Cuisinart CEK-40 before Thanksgiving and have used it on turkey and ham.  Did some experiments and could consistently cut 1/8th inch thick slices of turkey breast.  Worked beautifully. Comes with a bread blades too.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

Thanks, I will take a look.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 9,874
    edited January 2014
    Check ebay. Several "vintage" knives there. Probably outlast a new one. Even some in Harvest Gold. I still have one in Avocado, from the 70s I think.

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Has a b
    Hotch said:

Thanks, need it also to slice bread.

No problem for bread!
    Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
    Check ebay. Several "vintage" knives there. Probably outlast a new one. Even some in Harvest Gold. I still have one in Avocado, from the 70s I think.

Thanks!

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • nemonemo Posts: 105
    I still use my "vintage" GE electric knife….it's shown on the ebay link provide. Received my knife as a gift in 1966 and have used it for slicing turkey ever since. I'd recommend you get that one from ebay….you won't go wrong, providing it still works.
    Fairview, Texas
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,657
    I have a Hamilton beach about 3 yrs old. No problems with any meat, bread, etc. the previous one I had lasted 30+ years
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY