Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OT- Electric Knifes?

HotchHotch Posts: 1,052

Anybody have a good recommendation? Seems most I have found do not.

I remember when I was a growing up, we had one that was Harvest gold in color and never failed.

Even on all of the non food stuff I used in on.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·

Comments

• AlphonseAlphonse Posts: 78
    edited January 2014
    Check out American Angler. American made with great torque/ power. Comes with several blades and will cut meat like butter. If you're a fisherman you'll be surprised how it will handle a big redfish.
    Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,052
    Thanks, need it also to slice bread.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

Prosper TX

·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 988
    I picked up a Cuisinart CEK-40 before Thanksgiving and have used it on turkey and ham.  Did some experiments and could consistently cut 1/8th inch thick slices of turkey breast.  Worked beautifully. Comes with a bread blades too.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
    Thanks, I will take a look.

Prosper TX

·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,564
    edited January 2014
    Check ebay. Several "vintage" knives there. Probably outlast a new one. Even some in Harvest Gold. I still have one in Avocado, from the 70s I think.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • Has a b
    Hotch said:

Thanks, need it also to slice bread.

No problem for bread!
    Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
    ·
    Check ebay. Several "vintage" knives there. Probably outlast a new one. Even some in Harvest Gold. I still have one in Avocado, from the 70s I think.

Thanks!

Prosper TX

·
  • nemonemo Posts: 102
    I still use my "vintage" GE electric knife….it's shown on the ebay link provide. Received my knife as a gift in 1966 and have used it for slicing turkey ever since. I'd recommend you get that one from ebay….you won't go wrong, providing it still works.
    Fairview, Texas
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,356
    I have a Hamilton beach about 3 yrs old. No problems with any meat, bread, etc. the previous one I had lasted 30+ years
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·