Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

73 Days to Salado Reminder

Options
Just a reminder that there are only 73 days to Salado.

That may seem like a long time away but I'm here to remind you that today it's 73 days but tomorrow it will only be 72 days, then only 71... And one morning you're going to wake up and say, "@^*#% ^&!!!" (Darn it!!!) I missed Salado. And you will spend an entire year being disappointed with yourself.

Oh, and don't forget that you can register anytime day or night, this year or early next year, as a Cook or Taster, for FREE. If it was any FREE'er we would have to pay you to come (and that ain't gonna happen), but it will still be worth your while because you could win one of the four Mini Eggs being given away to four lucky winners.

If you're worried about food, don't... There will be food a 'plenty, thanks to the generosity and efforts of the Registered Cooks.

And if that's not enough for you, there are the Meet & Greet and After Parties where you can do more of the same but under very relaxed conditions.

And to make it even more interesting, there will be Demo Eggs available to pre-purchase. Yes, this is where you can buy an Egg that has only been cooked on for about six hours and save money in the process. That's because our Host Dealer is willing to give up some profit in order for us to have a wonderful weekend doing what Eggheads do best, cook on the Egg.

And finally, if you have any questions at all, they are probably covered in the blog site. You can even see who is already registered to come. Here's the link:

http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com/

Go ahead, Register this year and you can start next year with one less thing to do. Right Now is as good 'a time as any. And we have Operators standing by to process your registration (That would be me).

Happy New Year

See you in Salado

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    On my phone i can't find the registration?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @henapple, you have to view the "web" version, not the mobile site.
  • henapple
    Options
    Then I'm not going!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    henapple said:
    Then I'm not going!

Who the hell invited you? Oh, could you come to just move Eggs around for the party?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    We will do our best to make the after party. We have expanded SXSW duties in Austin this year so don't think we can sneak out early. It will be a game time decision for us this year.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    Options
    Yes sir (head bowed in obedience)
  • Mickey
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Need someone to do some pounding on Travis. Boy has the idea family wedding is more important than Salado EggFest. Not like the wedding is his. What if I need a Medic?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    edited December 2013
    Options
    @Mickey,
    I am a former Trauma nurse and Ski Patroller with Outdoor Emergency Technician Certification. You are good to go.

I'll even bring my safety pack.
  • Mickey
    Options

@Mickey,

I am a former Trauma nurse and Ski Patroller with Outdoor Emergency Technician Certification. You are good to go.

I'll even bring my safety pack.
    Cool. You and Foghorn should be able to keep me alive for 2 days.

• henapple
    Options
    I don't think @Foghorn is coming.

PS: I'm not pounding Travis.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

We will do our best to make the after party. We have expanded SXSW duties in Austin this year so don't think we can sneak out early. It will be a game time decision for us this year.

You're nothing to me now. No Franklin's for you! :P
  • henapple
    Options
    I had a blast last year. ..
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options

Unfortunately for me, @henapple is probably right as it is unlikely that I will be in Salado this year.  Since my son is not available, I'm still trying to work out an excuse for a need for some male bonding with a buddy, but with my in-laws in town at that time it will be hard to get a hall pass.

Before anyone suggests it, I'll just state that "bring the wife and in-laws" isn't a good option for a whole bunch of reasons - the most important of which is that my biggest regret from last year is that I didn't drink enough and I didn't stay for the afterparty. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX