Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just bought a Foodsaver V3425 for $25!

Craigslist can be hit or miss but I think I hit a homerun this time.
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• I just paid $159 for a new gamesaver bronze. I can't wait for it to get here.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,528
    the camo is a nice touch.  

I had never used one and I tried to save a whole green pepper first, crushed it lol.  after doing a little reading I see you cannot save broccoli or cheese.  any tips from you longtime foodsaver guys?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,403
    Nice purchase!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jls9595 said:

the camo is a nice touch.  

I had never used one and I tried to save a whole green pepper first, crushed it lol.  after doing a little reading I see you cannot save broccoli or cheese.  any tips from you longtime foodsaver guys?
    Why do you say you can't save cheese? I have about 4 blocks sitting in my fridge that I just ran through my foodsaver a couple days ago.
  • Big RaguBig Ragu Posts: 146

i second the "why no cheese" comment.  I have some fontina and pepper jack sealed in the fridge now

• jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,528
    I thought I read that you couldn't or shouldn't but can't seem to find where I read it now.  I must be mistaken, wouldn't be the first time. 
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!