Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1 more toy to close out 2013!!

Options
Just bought an Upright deep freeze!!! So pumped.  Going to move the chest out to the garage and put this in the utility room to have more organized meats and veggies.  My chest freezer is slap full of meats, just put a deer in there, and have no idea what is lurking in the bottom corners of it.  It will be the main storage unit and keep the shelves of the upright stocked with hamburger, chicken, and stuff the wife can just grab, thaw and cook.

Anyone got pics of a well organized freezer!!!?????? I google'd it and only found people hoarding breast milk

XLBGE 

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    I much prefer an upright as I find it easier to find things. I can't say mine is well organized, but I keep a lot of my favorite soups in the door along with smaller items as well. Then I keep my shelves organized for beef, pork, poultry and other. The bottom basket is my catch all, but mostly burgers and packages of ground beef and sausage.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Just bought an Upright deep freeze!!! So pumped.  Going to move the chest out to the garage and put this in the utility room to have more organized meats and veggies.  My chest freezer is slap full of meats, just put a deer in there, and have no idea what is lurking in the bottom corners of it.  It will be the main storage unit and keep the shelves of the upright stocked with hamburger, chicken, and stuff the wife can just grab, thaw and cook.

Anyone got pics of a well organized freezer!!!?????? I google'd it and only found people hoarding breast milk
    Heh heh heh.

"Pumped"? googling breast milk in a freezer? Welcome to my life. 
    :D
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    I use 1 self for beef, 1 for poultry, 1 for pork and 1 for seafood. I keep an excel spread on the computer of what I have of each, so it's easy to find. I got carried away with the glasses in the door, but they are great for the beer. :))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.