Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Year's Resolutions

henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
Other than weight loss or exercising do you have any resolutions? My wife and I have decided to go coupon crazy for a year. With the egg our grocery bill is outrageous. She's always trying to get me on board...she may regret it. I'm all in or nothing. I also need to get back to giving back...I slacked this year.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Funny wife, and I were just talking about that tonight. Ours was a discussion on talking and doing more things together (games, talking) with three small children it can be quite challenging to make time for your spouse.
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,509
    Funny wife, and I were just talking about that tonight. Ours was a discussion on talking and doing more things together (games, talking) with three small children it can be quite challenging to make time for your spouse.
     I have boys 6 and 4 and you are right.  Definitely have to work at it but its worth it.  
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
    We watched one of those extreme coupon shows the other day. I don't need 200 bottles of body wash...but the guy made a 50k donation to charity. That's cool and to me it'll be a game.
  • I know people who have done it, one gal did one hundred dollars a month for food and toiletries for a year with a family of 4. Took her hours each week to plan her trip and cut coupons.

We tried the couponing thing for a while, we try to eat fresh whole foods so there weren't a lot of coupons for that stuff, however, for toiletries there were some really good deals.
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 680
    No chocolate under 85%, soda/pop or chips.   Did well last year but failed in December.  Will give it a go again - until December!.  Left out candy as I haven't had that in years.
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010), Mini Max (2015)
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,419
    I'm going to try and restart what I was doing last year. Cut out the processed foods and carbs. One cup of coffee a day, no Cokes (except for with my Jack). And cut out the drinking during the week. Oh...and quit smoking. I should be real pleasant to be around for the next few weeks, I'm sure.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• calikingcaliking Posts: 8,079
    Egg more. Love more. Be more.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 2,975
    Spend more time serving others and eat a bit more healthy.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees." 
    -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Peachtree Corners, GA
    You have been?
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 2,975
    That sounds like a great plan.  Work is way overrated IMHO.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees." 
    -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Peachtree Corners, GA
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,463
    henapple said:
    You have been?
    Spatchcockin' coffee rub Jesus never sleeps.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,503
    I am going to try to stop procrastinating.  Well, maybe I'll do that next year. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,418
    Probably follow this formula from the past... Just change the years noted

I'm also going to be nicer on this forum. I mean Eddie Haskell nice.
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    I'm gonna give my wife a pearl necklace!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,463
    Kosko said:

Mikimoto or Peter North pearls?
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,966
    Get back to busking with the concertinas, ride the Catrike more. 

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

Kosko said:

TMI
  • DMWDMW Posts: 9,162
    I resolve to continue living each day as I would otherwise.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,958
    I not be making any  more wagers with Freddie

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hey Steve - The alumni game doesn't count.  Even though the Wings alumni beat the Leafs alumni in both games yesterday. 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,958
    Didn't we have a side bet on Canada US in the juniors yesterday?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Griffin said:

I'm going to try and restart what I was doing last year. Cut out the processed foods and carbs. One cup of coffee a day, no Cokes (except for with my Jack). And cut out the drinking during the week. Oh...and quit smoking. I should be real pleasant to be around for the next few weeks, I'm sure.

Party at griffin's next Tuesday......oh wait. :))
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • Didn't we have a side bet on Canada US in the juniors yesterday?
    Nah.  That was @Eggcelsior

........................................................................................

• No more self pleasure?
  • Fouker187 said:
    No more self pleasure?

If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

In Durham, NC, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,419
    Happy New Years to all. Think I'm about ready for my first drink of the year. A Bloody Mary sounds pretty tasty right now.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings