Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PartyQ on an XL - it works (with pics)

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
I picked up a PartyQ today for my XL. I wasn't sure how well it would work as my dealer said 5 CFM was a bit small for the XL. I decided to try it based on some prior postings here. I got the temp dialed in first then put the PartyQ on. I have the DFMT set as can be seen in the pic here and once I figured that out its keeping it right at 215* grid temp. I chose 215* as that has always been tough for me to hold that low manually.

We ended up back home much earlier than planned as our oldest (11 years) isn't feeling well. So I probably wouldn't have needed it for this cook. But between this and the Maverick to wake me if needed I'm looking forward to a good sleep.

Oh, there's a 10lb butt in there.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments