Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Indirect setup for Small?

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
So SWMBO just gave the green light (maybe yellow) for another egg and I want to move quickly before something changes. :)

I'm thinking Small, should I get the Plate Setter, or is there a better setup out there for similar $$$?

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• smokesniffer
    Options
    Hi DMW. Here is a link to something I have.http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/small-a-mini-woo2.html
    I have not complaints about it. I like it because you can grill at two different levels. 
    I am sure others will chime in. Good Luck in choosing. Happy Eggin
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    I have the woo and stone +plate. Works well and raises the grid to felt level as well doing direct.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    I have both the Woo/ceramic stone and a PS.  The Woo and stone pretty much live in my Small and my PS lives in the storage cabinet of my gasser.  You can do more with the Woo and stone combo.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

I have both the woo & stone as well as the platesetter and the new 2 tier swing rack for the small.  Both are excellent products!  The 2 tier swing rack with the platesetter gives you more real estate for indirect cooking.  I had to buy the shaft kit from CGW to get the short shaft to make this work (which means more $).  Here's a photo. 

Flint, Michigan
  • golfandgrill
    Options
    Agreed on the woo and stone
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • DMW
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Just picked it up, will order the woo and stone.

Can't wait to have them both going tomorrow!

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Congrats! Cool handle...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• DMW
    Options
    Congrats! Cool handle...
    Thanks, got a 15% discount because it had been on display for awhile. It has the old style gasket as well, I figure I'll replace it when it burns up. Planning to use it for the sear portion of a reverse sear tomorrow, so that will be pretty soon. :)

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• shadowcaster
    Options
    Man I wish I could get a new one. I can imagine SWMBO would not be too happy if I came home with a third....
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    DMW said:
    Thanks everyone. Just picked it up, will order the woo and stone. Can't wait to have them both going tomorrow!

If you think you might want to use a cast iron grid, wok, or a CGW two tier setup like Fred's, you might want to order your Woo without handles.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • jrdavies
    Options

You may want to see if you can get a GrateMate.  I've had one of these for years and it works very well.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews/gratemates/gratemates.htm

• DMW
    Options
    @jrdavies Never heard of those, looks interesting, will need to check it out. Thanks!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited December 2013
    Options
    DMW said:
    Thanks everyone. Just picked it up, will order the woo and stone. Can't wait to have them both going tomorrow!
    There must be a stash of smalls out there with the old gasket & handle. I bought one in August that looks identical to yours, even the seatbelt on the way home
    :)) Your gonna love it!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.