Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Years Eve Cook

As usual; it will just be low key night at home for NYE... My wife, who normally will vote for chicken of some type 10/10 times decided to flip things and tells me we (read me) should do surf & turf for tomorrow night. I grabbed my coat and ran for the door to get to Wegman's before the hoards had decimated the place, they are also calling for snow later this week which will in all likely hood cause a run on all food stuffs, but I digress...

As I headed out the door, my wife yells down that she wants little filets and whatever the surf I pick... :)

So, here's the line up for tomorrow night's cook... I'm sure I will be doing some research on at least one of the items

Turf - 3 prime dry aged filets

Surf - U10 scallops & 6oz cold water lobster tails

Sides - Baby Red potatoes and asparagus

Dessert - A chocolate cream pie

Cooking plan...

Doing the potatoes first in a basket direct, followed by the asparagus. Keep them warm in the oven...

Then I'm going to pan sear the scallops in the CI and finish with some Orange Vanilla butter, followed by the tails, not sure how to cook, probably just put the meat on top of the shell and roast direct till finished and hit with the OV butter as well...

Doing the filets down on the CI grate on the spider, searing and flipping until the desired temp for each of us. I picked up some Truffle butter to use to finish them when they are plated and resting...

Beverages TBD

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable evening with your family and friends!

Comments