Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snake River Farms Wagyu Brisket........and other stuff that I made up all my myself

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Things could only go wrong if you were drinking with Little Steven
    This. Don't ever drink with LS because he'll always drink you under the table...since he is already under the table. 
  • That looks like a good-sized brisket.  13lbs?  
    16.7. It is a beast. Trimmed down to 14.
    Sweet. It looks good so far. Try not to eff it up.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggcelsior
    That looks like a good-sized brisket.  13lbs?  
    16.7. It is a beast. Trimmed down to 14.
    Sweet. It looks good so far. Try not to eff it up.
    Don't worry about him. His eff ups are usually better than the rest of our's wins.

He is Captain Brisket, after all.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    He's kind of a big deal
    Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack said:

He's kind of a big deal

Just ask him :)).
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • That's what he told me

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• conundrum........this thing is done at 180. It is like butter all over. I'm guessing it's the extra fat or something but I'm going to go with my gut and pull it. It's got the jiggle
  • Cut the end strip of the flat and try it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Hit it with a sledge-a-matic. If it splatters more than 3 feet, it's done.

You never know with those one off brands. :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Eggcelsior
    edited December 2013
  • It's done. I really wish I could post a quick vid. It jiggled like a bowl of jello when I put it on the table. Never had one do it like this. Especially at 180-ish. image

Dat jiggle...

it wasn't far from that. 
  • Are you gonna foil it or just go for it?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Are you gonna foil it or just go for it?
    it's in butcher paper in a cooler for a few hours
  • I would worry that the fat is what made it shoogily and the connective tissue didn't break down. That's just me of course. I don't have anyone that likes me well enough to give me $140 pesos piece of meat.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I would worry that the fat is what made it shoogily and the connective tissue didn't break down. That's just me of course. I don't have anyone that likes me well enough to give me $140 pesos piece of meat.
    I'm totally worried about it but I found a competition forum where guys use SRF briskets. They said they are usually done in the upper 180's to 190 but when you can take a skewer and run it all the way through top to bottom in the thickest part with little resistance it's done. It was like it wasn't even there. I'm hoping it will firm up in the cooler. Hope I'm not wrong but I've never had one so buttery. It was over 180 everywhere and almost 190 in parts by the time I had the stones to pull it. the point was like it was not even there. It was like air. 
  • Eggcelsior
    More like this?

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2013
    Can I please get a 130 lbs of that.   @-)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Well my brisket has never looked like that.  Oh my.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Last night when you called asking for advice on how to cook a brisket you didn't tell me is was Wagyu beef or I would have told you to pull it at 185-190. Oh well I'm glad it worked out for you.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3 said:
    Last night when you called asking for advice on how to cook a brisket you didn't tell me is was Wagyu beef or I would have told you to pull it at 185-190. Oh well I'm glad it worked out for you.
    my bad al. Next time I'll be more specific
    \
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    :))

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Eggcelsior
    A man cooks Waygu brisket
    He says, Why is it soft in the middle now?
    Why is it. soft at 180?
    When the rest of my life is so hard!
    I need a photo-opportunity
    I want a shot at redemption
    Gotta live up to Captain Brisket
    In a brisket graveyard
    Egghead, Egghead
    Dudes on the forum
    Far away, my well-lit door
    Mr. Beer belly, lakewade
    Get these shots away from me!
    You know, I don't find this stuff amusing anymore
    If you'll be my brisket bodyguard
    I can be your long lost pal
    I can call you Betty
    And Betty, when you call me
    You can call me... Screw it, I better call Al
  • More like this?

Now I'm all shoogily. Like Cen-Tex's  brisket

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    A man cooks Waygu brisket He says, Why is it soft in the middle now? Why is it. soft at 180? When the rest of my life is so hard! I need a photo-opportunity I want a shot at redemption Gotta live up to Captain Brisket In a brisket graveyard Egghead, Egghead Dudes on the forum Far away, my well-lit door Mr. Beer belly, lakewade Get these shots away from me! You know, I don't find this stuff amusing anymore If you'll be my brisket bodyguard I can be your long lost pal I can call you Betty And Betty, when you call me You can call me... Screw it, I better call Al

Bravo.  Bravo.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

Water with bourbon will do just fine-although you can have too much water (or not enough bourbon) although I doubt you would err in that direction!

I know a good craftsman never blames his tools but bourbon and I are not getting along at the moment. We are currently in an uneasy truce much like the settlers and Native Americans of days gone by. We have a mutual need for survival so we are keeping our distance. but we are still keeping a keen eye on one another from afar.
    you... know... you ... want ...it...

Next time, you may want to save yourself all the heartache and call someone who knows how to cook a brisket =))

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    And I never put panties on my brisket...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • this was nuts. probably the best i've ever had. I'm still giving Franklin the nod but that may be more out of respect since I did nothing right on this cook. This meat was out of this world. I can tell you that in the right hands, this is special. In my hands, it was really good. Crazy good. All i did was salt, pepper, and oak. I F-d up the fire, pulled it at a weird temp (i was totally right though). I may never buy another type of brisket again. i would rather do less and do them like this than chase mediocre cuts at grocery stores. more to come but this was a moon shot home run. Just had to update before slipping in to a tito's induced coma. wow

• More like this?

Now I'm all shoogily. Like Cen-Tex's  brisket
    wait until I post it. It was jiggly like a Victoria's Secret model smuggling puppies. 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    this was nuts. probably the best i've ever had. I'm still giving Franklin the nod but that may be more out of respect since I did nothing right on this cook. This meat was out of this world. I can tell you that in the right hands, this is special. In my hands, it was really good. Crazy good. All i did was salt, pepper, and oak. I F-d up the fire, pulled it at a weird temp (i was totally right though). I may never buy another type of brisket again. i would rather do less and do them like this than chase mediocre cuts at grocery stores. more to come but this was a moon shot home run. Just had to update before slipping in to a tito's induced coma. wow

Bravo!!! Now I'm going to have to find out where I can get one of these things... Sounds like if every dealer had samples of this available on the weekends, they'd have nothing but empty showrooms ;)