Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick ET-733

I think I might pull the trigger on buying the new ET-733 unless somebody tells me I am nutz to do so.
Gregg
Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
Marietta, GA

Comments

• You should do it .... but that still doesn't mean your not nutz! :D
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    They're great......I have a case on order have a bunch of people waiting on them.
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Pulled the trigger on mine last Friday.  Should be shipping out today.
    Southern California
  • I have one and it has worked great except it is 11* and 9* off. I was kind of bummed when I found this out but I'm not sure I can do anything about it. Other than that it works great, my 732 that I have has always worked flawlessly
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Et-732 almost half the price, that's kind of tempting, but being a computer geek, goes against my nature to by older technology.
    Gregg
    Marietta, GA
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    I, too, am kind of intrigued by the new 733, but my 732 continues to work so dependably that I jsut can't see replacing it yet.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • The only reason I got the 733 was for when I have both eggs going at the same time I have a thermometer for both. I just wish the thing gave me the right temp. I am thinking about buy the water resistant USA made probes from the BBQ equipment store and seeing if that helps.
    Pure Michigan
  • stlcharcoal
    Et-732 almost half the price, that's kind of tempting, but being a computer geek, goes against my nature to by older technology.

Half the price??  Where you shoppin?  Send me an email.

You'll like the 733 a lot better--more screen space and easier to program.

• Bought one for Thanksgiving workout - used it since and can recommend it.  Here is the initial review:

Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
  • @stlcharcoal ~ sent you a message
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Are the probes any better?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Et-732 almost half the price, that's kind of tempting, but being a computer geek, goes against my nature to by older technology.

Amazon.  $48 for 732 and $87 for 733, although so many different options and shipping maybe I wasn't comparing apples to apples.
    Gregg
    Marietta, GA
  • shadowcaster
    shadowcaster Posts: 620
    edited December 2013
    henapple said:
    They seem to be the same type of probes. They use a new hybrid probe that can be used in meat of on the grill. As I said before I might spend the $40 and get the water resistant probes that are made in the US. Not sure if it will fix my issue but I am willing to give it a shot.
    Pure Michigan
  • stlcharcoal
    henapple said:

The 733's comes with the hybrid probes, whereas the 732 came with two separate ones. 

Amazon.  $48 for 732 and $87 for 733, although so many different options and shipping maybe I wasn't comparing apples to apples.
    That's a good deal on the 732, but no so good on the 733.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    The digiq dx2 probes seem much better.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:

The 733's comes with the hybrid probes, whereas the 732 came with two separate ones. 

That's a good deal on the 732, but no so good on the 733.
    yeah it was for some special shipping, so 733 is not as expensive as I thought it was!  And I just saved a few bucks by making my own charcoal starter, so in my head I just made up the difference so might give myself and early birthday present and buy the 733.  My cheapo starter worked fabulous the other day, had coals flaming hot in 5 minutes, dumped in with other coals and voila!
    Gregg
    Marietta, GA

Doofus:

Do yourself a BIG favor and send stlcharcoal a message and get his price on the ET-733.  I will guess you will be pleasantly surprised.

A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • I got mine with the made in the USA probes from the BBQ equipment store. With the BBQ brethren discount code I think it came to about 95.00. Probes tested at 211 or 212 in boiling water so pretty much dead on. I do think I need to make myself a cheat sheet though as I always forget how to go through the set up