Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Years Day diet start

Options
I want to start dieting on New Years Day, but there is an unbelievable amount of leftover Egged meat (Prime rib, Ham, Turkey, Kielbasi, Pulled Pork), Egg Pizza, snacks, appetizers, cookies, candy, etc. Extended family has all gone home, and I only have a couple of days to eat everything so I can start my diet. Add in the alcohol, and I'm not sure if I can finish everything in time to start dieting. I'll give it a go, but any suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Freeze some, give some to friends. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    New Year's day goals aren't something I can accomplish. I normally start with weight loss goals after the Super Bowl. But then again I revolve my life around football way too much. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    wait until next year - it will all be gone by then...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    EGG for sale!!!!!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I would go ahead and give away all the sweets now.  Eat the apps/pizza/meats in moderation until new years.  Try to use up all the apps/pizza before new years day.  Save all the meat.  Even when dieting any meat in moderate portion is OK IMO.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    No need to lose the egg to lose the weight. I started WW online last Nov , got my BGE in April. Was worried it might derail my progress, but have now lost the 80lbs I wanted to. Portion size is the key I've found. No need to skip the steak, just share it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    Last year, I decided to lose weight, and as of Jan 1, I kept a log of everything I ate, and the calories.  I became aware of where all the extra calories were coming from, and over 4 months, I lost 30 lbs which I have kept off.  It takes a bit of work but it worked for me.  Beer and snacks were my problem areas

Part 2 is getting exercise.  The more active you are, the more you can get away with eating.  Good luck!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY