Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What did you get for Christmas?

13»

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,916
    @Cen_Tex-how did you justify the CyberQ given your knack for dialing in the BGE regardless of personal  weather conditions??  When you have the choice between lucky and good take lucky every time.   :)>-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • that_dude_Davethat_dude_Dave Posts: 34
    edited December 2013
    got a 7 qt. Lodge dutch oven and the BGE L/XL cooking griddle... trying to figure out what I'll be using the griddle for, already have a huge selection of Lodge skillets and griddles. Any suggestions?
    Also got some rubs, sauces and a book of rubs marinades and sauces. 
    Oh, and a jalapeno grill rack!

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,916
    @Cen_Tex-how did you justify the CyberQ given your knack for dialing in the BGE regardless of personal  weather conditions??  When you have the choice between lucky and good take lucky every time.   :)>-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • lousubcap said:

I wouldn't have done it for myself but wifey just did it. I can't see that i'll get a ton of use out it but I think it will be fun to play with. I think I pretty much have every accessory known to man now.

• Wicked Good Burgers, Serious Barbeque, Bear Paws, and cash I'm going to use to get a Guru.
    OT but food related a Breville automatic tea maker.
  • LemmyLemmy Posts: 3
    I got a green Thermapen for Christmas. Nice!
  • LemmyLemmy Posts: 3
    Oh, and a gift card I'll use to buy wood to make a cart. :-)
  • I got a Large Big Green Egg for Christmas!  Great surprise, can't wait to get it going!  Thanks for all the tips here, lots to learn
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 620
    Jeancooks said:
    I got a Large Big Green Egg for Christmas!  Great surprise, can't wait to get it going!  Thanks for all the tips here, lots to learn
    Welcome aboard! You will love it here!
    Milton, GA.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,561
    @jeancooks, Welcome and Merry Christmas/
    Happy New Year! Egg gifts are the best gifts!
  • tkleagertkleager Posts: 535
    Got a Large from the parents.  Did the first cook of 3 cheeseburgers tonight.  Thinking about some Moink Balls for New Years.   Now what to do with that old Brinkman offset?
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • Sorry for chiming in late...got a stainless steel cap, a green thermapen, a jerky gun, some flexible Kebab skewers and a set of spatchulas... Santa was good to me...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • I got the smoke ware cap and the fire grate from @stlcharcoal. I also got a Winchester 101 and some goodies from Filson.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,080
    Sounds like everybody got some really cool stuff. I didn't get one cooking related gift this year, but then again I didn't ask for anything. I did get a new hunting jacket, a Buck knife with a gut hook that is wicked sharp and a shooting stick. Spent 5 days at the ranch with family and didn't see one buck that was legal to shoot. There's always next year...

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings