Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Grill Heat Aid Gloves

My wife gifted me these gloves as a Christmas present and I got to use them a couple of times this weekend and do far I'm pretty impressed. They are advertised to withstand over 600 degrees. I pulled my platesetter and removed my brisket with them and felt nothing at all. I also used them to help fight the heat while seasoning a new wok for my wife and oiling it while hot got pretty dicey. I did a search on this site for these and found nothing so sorry if this is a repeat of something old. I did find these at amazon for less than $50 and that doesn't seem to bad to me. Anybody already try these out?
Nowhere Indiana

Comments

• Sorry folks, not sure how this is up here twice?
    I need another brew I guess…
    Nowhere Indiana
  • I've had a pair for about 6 months and love them.  I even got some for my son for Christmas.
    Fayetteville, Ga
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited December 2013
    I have similar type gloves by a different mfg, but I really like them better than my Orca brand mittens. I was given one as a gift and then I bought the second at Menards when they had a big sale and only paid $15 for it.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    I found these on Amazon.  I can pick up anything, no matter what the temp.  Machine washable.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Couple of other ideas. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos The claws are so good to pick big meat up. And the pliers are platesetter killers. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited December 2013
    Couple of other ideas. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos The claws are so good to pick big meat up. And the pliers are platesetter killers. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    RRP said:
    I have similar type gloves by a different mfg, but I really like them better than my Orca brand mittens. I was given one as a gift and then I bought the second at Menards when they had a big sale and only paid $15 for it.

I have these and like them very much.  Lowes sells them.  If the plate setter is really hot (hotter than typical smoking temps), I can only hold it for a few seconds in these before I start to feel the heat...but for general reaching into the egg and moving coals around, adjusting the cooking grids, or flipping meat, they're great.  For actually grabbing and moving meat, I have a heavy set of (I think) lined PVC gloves.  I used them today for making ribs.
  • Everyone has some awesome gear. It's almost as much fun gearing up as it is to do the actual egging.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    My wife gifted me these gloves as a Christmas present and I got to use them a couple of times this weekend and do far I'm pretty impressed. They are advertised to withstand over 600 degrees. I pulled my platesetter and removed my brisket with them and felt nothing at all. I also used them to help fight the heat while seasoning a new wok for my wife and oiling it while hot got pretty dicey. I did a search on this site for these and found nothing so sorry if this is a repeat of something old. I did find these at amazon for less than $50 and that doesn't seem to bad to me. Anybody already try these out?
    I've got a pair that look similar called "Ove" Gloves and have had them for about 4 years and they are cheezy but awesome.  I think I bought one at the drug store and loved it so much I went back for another one.image

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Yeah those Ove gloves do look like the same glove. My wife ordered mine as a pair so that was nice.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Yeah those Ove gloves do look like the same glove. My wife ordered mine as a pair so that was nice.
    I think they are great.  I underestimated them - I think they come from a late night infomercial - but they are for real.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.