Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just curious how many different brands of Smokers are represented

2»

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I have a bunch of smokers, grills, and other cookers:
    Weber kettles ( a few, including a 22.5 Simpsons one, and a Simpsons Smokey Joe)
    Weber Performer
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Mini WSM (tamale pot mod)
    UDS's (55gal and 30gal, homebrewed)
    UDT (Ugly Drum Tandoor, homebrewed)
    UWFO (Ugly Wood Fired Oven) - portable since I didn't use any mortar!
    And of course the eggs. 

The others don't get used as much since I bought the eggs, but some things the egg doesn't do as well as a purpose-built cooker. My tandoor works better than the egg for tandoori stuff, but on the other hand the egg doesn't take 2 hours to come up to temp!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    I have a Green Egg and a Big Steel Keg (equally happy with both).   Plan to get one of them oval shaped Primo's when budget allows...
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

BGE - Medium

BGE - Large

BGE - XL

Rebel - 23 cu ft. gravity-fed vertical smoker.

• Tejas Smokers 2040 delux off-set

large BGE

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Others I have are grill dome, 2 weber kettles otg, yakatori grill, homemade brick grill and black stone pizza oven. Wanting to add a reverse flow some day.
  • WeberWho? said:

My Smokey Joe I use weekly after softball games. I was bringing my small to games but became too much of a hassle. Especially when it's only for brats and burgers.

My other grill is a 1950's Royal Chef pig grill. Never used. Can't find much info on it. I did read somewhere that they could be won as a grand prize at certain carnivals. Saw it on Craigslist and had to have it. Sits in my living room as a decoration.

I saw one of those on Pawn Stars a while back...pretty cool...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...