Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Look What UPS dropped off.

I wanted to give sausage making a try, so got my equipment in today. 

Large BGE
Meadow Creek TS120 Stick Burner
Stoker, BBQ Guru. 

Erie, Pa. 

Comments

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Got the same set up, you'll love it.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Give it a try? Looks to me like you jumped in with both feet!  
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Nice!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • I love good sausage! This sounds pretty interesting to me.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Looks like you are committed. Enjoy!
    Friend who used to make his own sausage always tried the recipe with patties. Said it saved stuffing a bunch of casing with what might be crap. Not having any experience made sense to me. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Pa_BBQ
    Pa_BBQ Posts: 132
    Looks like you are committed. Enjoy!
    Friend who used to make his own sausage always tried the recipe with patties. Said it saved stuffing a bunch of casing with what might be crap. Not having any experience made sense to me. 
    I tried a test patty to make sure its not junk. I do think after it sits over night it can change a little. In the future I may do 1 shoulder at a time and try some different recipes. I purchased a couple books and may find a great recipe and just stick to it. 
    Large BGE
    Meadow Creek TS120 Stick Burner
    Stoker, BBQ Guru. 

Erie, Pa. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    I've been reading Charcuterie over the holidays and want to try this too; let us know how everything works, any changes, etc; thanks!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

500 Posts: 3,177
    How much does a setup like this cost?
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Wow 1hp that thing is a monster !!!
    Must chew the the meat pretty fast?
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Man was the Brown Santa was good to you, I see sausage on the horizon, Happy Smoking

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • What does this set up cost?

• Looper
    Looper Posts: 44

We've used recipes out of Bruce Aidells' The Complete Sausage Book with good results.  The chorizo is particularly good.