Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Feet

Options
Was looking for some ceramic feet for my pizza stone and it appears they are no longer available through BGE. Anybody know where to get some or have some they will sell?

Comments

• shadowcaster
    Options
    Go to any hardware store and buy some 3/4" copper plumbing Tees and use those. A lot cheaper than the ceramic feet and do the same thing
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You can buy terracotta planter feet from a garden shop. I got mine at Lowes.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• drewmack
    Options

Thanks for the ideas.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Bottle caps! 
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You can buy terracotta planter feet from a garden shop. I got mine at Lowes.
    +1. 

If use bottle caps, make sure they don't have a vinyl (or whatever that stuff is) lining on the inside.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cspearce2
    Options
    +1 on the terra cotta plant feet. I also use these to set a hot plate setter on if I take it out. Or hat cast iron. Have about a dozen of these.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I get along jsut fine with four 1/2 inch steel nuts.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    There's no wrong way.  If you like nuts?  Great!  Some eggheads are more comfortable with ceramic feet.  That's fine too.  Feet or nuts it doesn't matter.  As long as good food comes out of the egg! 
    Flint, Michigan
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    I am going to leave this one alone...

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Mickey...you must really be getting in shape for your upcoming retirement - seeing you take all your pictures laying down! Do the people at Lowe's wake you up once in a while when you fall asleep shopping there?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.