Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Way OT Light Bulbs

Options
Stopped by Home Depot to pick up a few bags of lump and also picked up 2 more cases of 60 watt incandescent bulbs.  They only had 2 cases left and that's it ..... forever. Looks like the stores are running low so you may want to pick up a few bulbs if you have the need. 
Milton, GA.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I may not realize the significance, but why the love for incandescent bulbs? I know they are being phased out, but that's a good thing IMO. The only issue I have with LED bulbs (besides the price) is the "warmth" of the light - not all brands have the warmth they advertise, but the Phillips ones have warm light comparable to incandescent bulbs. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    I plan to use the cheap bulbs until the price comes down and the new bulbs continue to improve. Guess I am attached to the old school bulbs.
    Milton, GA.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited December 2013
    Options
    A reasonable thought. But you'll be spending some money on electricity and replacing  the incandescent bulbs in the meantime. Eventually, the savings may not amount to much. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Here's am idea. Let me decide what kind of @% $ bulbs I want. Damn stuff like this kills me. Can't even get a 2 liter coke in nyc.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • flynnbob
    Options
    henapple said:
    Here's am idea. Let me decide what kind of @% $ bulbs I want. Damn stuff like this kills me. Can't even get a 2 liter coke in nyc.
    Got a few extra if you run out, brother. Maybe I can trade for some OO down the road.
    Milton, GA.
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Why is this a topic?

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• flynnbob
    Options
    Why is this a topic?
    It's not, it is waaay OT as listed. Just an observation as I was buying some lump.
    Milton, GA.
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    PUUUUURFEEEECT!

Happy new year brother!

KCCO

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."