Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first wok cook(pic heavy)

It was raining out side so I didn't get to cook on the Egg but I couldn't wait to use my new Christmas gift.  I seasoned it as per the directions but I figured it could use a little more seasoning so I started with sweet and sour chicken:imageimage
Kept it warm in the oven while I made the chicken lo mien: 

imageimageimage
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!
·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looks good from here. I really want to get a wok.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,263
    couple more pics:imageimage
    It was awesome, can't wait to use it on the Egg.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    edited December 2013
    Looks good, real good. Egged or not, Looks good.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • the only problem I see with the wok is it might burn (wooden handles) in the egg besides that the food looks fantastic I would think that you were Chinese 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
    the only problem I see with the wok is it might burn (wooden handles) in the egg besides that the food looks fantastic I would think that you were Chinese 
    Sweet, thanks lol. I hope i can use it in the Egg without it burning...
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • I hope so also !!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
    also, while I was cooking this I got my Dizzy Pig order delivered:image
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,821

Great looking meal.  Welcome to the WOK World. Now the movie and some thoughts:

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1277637&catid=1

·

Great looking meal.  Welcome to the WOK World. Now the movie and some thoughts:

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1277637&catid=1

Thanks Richard, I have seen that post before.  I was not able to get any pics of the lo mien cooking as it went kinda fast but I have read a few of your and VI's posts and will be reviewing in the future.  I can't wait to use my new wok outside.  I love this type of food as a great change of pace to bbq and chicken.  
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,219
    Looks fantastic!  Gonna be ordering myself a wok here shortly as well.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • Looks great!
    NW Iowa
    ·