Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Stoker/guru fan adapter question for large bge

Does the adapter for the guru fan require the vent door to be removed to install/uninstall from the large bge? What about the stoker? I'm looking at getting of if these two gadgets, and I'd like the easiest installation/uninstallation possible. My bge is in a nest, so removing the door would be a bit difficult. Best if the adapter can just slip in. Many thanks!!

• The Stoker fan housing fits into the opening without removing the door. it is very easy to install & uninstall. I think has a video of its installation.

PS, I love the Stoker.
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,171
    the fan door gets opened, the housing goes in, and then the door gets shut holding the fan in place. No permanent installation required.
  • Bys, ur post about the guru or stoker? Tom, thx for the post.

The support material does pretty clearly indicate this about the stoker, but not as clear for the guru (I thought I saw something saying the door had to be removed for the guru). But I'm sure I missed something.
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,171
    I have a Auber Instruments
    • Model: SYL-1615SYS-G

For the installation you just open the door, put a piece of sheet metal with a hole in it for the fan, and close the door to hold the fan part in.  I don't have a guru, but I imagine it is pretty similar and that no permanent alterations have to be made. 

• The Guru has a small clip that is slid up into the upper track to retain the adapter.  The sliding door is then closed to hold  and seal the adapter.  The door does not have to be removed to install the adapter. 
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Thanks, all!
  • The Guru just slips in no fuss at all
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.