Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

maintenance day

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
No cooking today. ..have a lot of leftovers. Pressure washed the table and concrete and grids, rib rack, daisy wheel, etc... cleaned the egg...tested the thermapen and egg thermo...spot on. Went ahead with a small clean burn. Ready to roll.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    edited December 2013
    Options
    And I was in Austin near lunchtime. We wanted Thai so I called CenTex for a recommendation. He sent us to a place on the Drag that was outstanding. Point of the story is I still have 3 dirty Eggs. That and CenTex is a good guy. Also if I going to high jack a post, best to do a buddies.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Options
    Cen-Tex goes to any place called "The Drag"....just sayin' Mick

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

This.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Madam Mam's on Guadelupe (aka "the drag"). Glad you liked it Mickey...and Steven, I've been to far worse places that this.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I suspect Cen-Tex is taking a maintenance day of a slightly different variety.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    correct...............much better but still not right. Freaking lakewade is the devil.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Options

In Austin it's 6th St that's to watch. The Drag is mild.

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options

correct...............much better but still not right. Freaking lakewade is the devil.

No refusal weekend- Get back on that horse!

One thing I hate about getting older..hangovers last over one day.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • jenericzac
    Options
    I just gave my egg some love for the new year. New gasket. Highque charcoal grate bamboo cutting boards to fix up the egg mates. Nest handler. Smoke ware cap. Maverick 773 new bolts and stainless hardware for the casters. Thinking about adding the grate racks also. It had been way too long since I gave my poor egg the proper maintenance it deserved.